Washed out? 32bpp at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 14th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #1
New Boot

Washed out? 32bpp

When I bring my h.264 files directly from the camera into vegas 9, they look different from the NeoScene converted cineform files. The cineform files look noticeably washed out. Or maybe the h.264 is artificially cleaned up. Which is it?

Also- I'm reading mixed information about whether or not there's an advantage to using 32 bit pixel format mode in Vegas with the entry-level neoscene. Can somebody please confirm what the right, standard settings are for 1080p cineform files from the cheapest neoscene? (and if 32 bit- full levels or video levels? target is internet)

Thanks!
David Komer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Vegas uses a non-standard black level (black is displayed at 16,16,16 not zero,) your CineForm decodes are correct as it comply to what Vegas is requesting.

More info here
Glennchan.info

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase