Still having 2X speed problem with my 720 30P CFHD files, Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Still having 2X speed problem with my 720 30P CFHD files, Help!

Hey Everyone,

Was hoping someone could read this over and let me know if they've expereienced anything similar. Please make sure to read the whole thing before you respond as I have already dealt with cineform support and they have already given me the patch for this problem.

When i use NeoScene to transcode my Panasonic HMC150 720 30P clips to cineform, the result is a file where the picture plays back at 2X speed, while the audio remains normal speed and is fine.

Cineform support gave me a patch "doublespeedfix.reg" to fix the problem, but it did not work for me, even though windows claims it changed the registry values it contained.

I read somewhere that the patch is different for each OS and editing software. Is it possible they just gave me the wrong patch? Im on:

Adobe premiere CS4 4.2.1
Vista ultimate 64bit
I7 720 processor
12gigs ram
ATI radeon 4850 HD

Can anyone upload their patch if they have a similar setup and got the patch to work?
David Newman of cineform said:

"I just ran some HMC150 tests here and all is working, so a conflict on your side is a good possibility. Only component I avoid is ffdshow, it can be made to work but it pretty intrusive on my DirectShow functions. DirectShow is heavily used by HDlink/NeoScene."

This makes me think maybe a codec or program I have installed may be conflicting with cineform. but then why would it only be with 720 30P footage? Is it more likely that the patch just didnt install right in my registry? Do i need to have any certain codec or codec pack installed before applying the patch? because i did uninstall a good deal of codecs in an attempt to get cineform to work before they gave me the patch.

Has anyone else had this problem and the patch did not apply correctly or did not work at all for them like me? Thanks for any feedback!

- Shawn
Shawn Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Prompted by Shawn's post, I just converted some 720P30 from my HMC40, using the latest HDLink (this weekend's beta) ... and I find have exactly the same problem.

Tried applying the DoublespeedFix.reg file that Cineform provided some time ago, but this didn't help. This is on a Win7 x64 system.

(Shawn I've responded to your p.m.)

Last edited by Graham Hickling; February 21st, 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Sponsor: CineForm

Tim came up with a fix for this. Email support and I will send it to you.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Jake and Tim!
Shawn Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Trustee

Likewise - thanks!
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #6
New Boot

Having the same issue and wrote Cineform Support after finding this thread. I've tried all the same fixes as you with the same results, so you're not alone. Haven't heard from Cineform yet but I'm glad the fix is available. I can't possibly work in AE with these Panasonic AVCHD files...
David LeGroin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Trustee

David I'd be happy to share it with you, but is there a PM system on this forum - if so I couldn't find it?
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #8
New Boot

Graham, that would be excellent. You should now be able to click my username on the left and choose "Send email to...". I'm not aware of a PM system on this forum otherwise.

thanks!
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #9
New Boot

Got the fix from Graham - thanks again!!
Old March 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I'm in the same boat, and I inadvertently started another thread. Could I get in on the 'fix'?

Although...my files from my HMC-150 are loading onto a Premiere CS4 timeline and playing quite smoothly now, even with the display settings at 'High'. Not sure if Cineform conversion will be necessary.
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #11
New Boot

The MTS files work 'ok' for me in Premiere, but absolutely kill me in After Effects. There have been a few changes in Neoscene since this thread was last updated, so I'm interested to see if Cineform has incorporated a fix into the app. I don't know which versions are supported by the 'fix' at this point.
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #12
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
David I'd be happy to share it with you, but is there a PM system on this forum - if so I couldn't find it?
Please send it to me as well. I still have the problem (see thread http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...nic-files.html).

Thanks in advance!
Nick Vanbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #13
Trustee

Email me, so I can respond.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #14
New Boot

I've had NeoScene and the HMC150 for over a year and have never been able to get NeoScene converted 720p clips to play back correctly. I've run the patches, uninstalled every reference to cineform on my system as instructed and reinstalled. Still the same problem.

Now I can't even get NeoScene to covert my 720 footage at all. The progress bar just stops midway through each clip, and the portion that it does manage to convert plays back at half speed.

So now I'm just editing the raw clips since NeoScene doesn't work for me. :(

If anyone knows a solution, please let me know.
Brad Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase