Cineform Micro35 footage rotation and 60i to 24p conversion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform Micro35 footage rotation and 60i to 24p conversion

Hi David,

I've read at the Micro35 site (link with screen capture: http://redrockmicro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=326) that Cineform's capture tool can rotate the image 180 degrees for users of the Micro 35 or other lens adapters. This is great news.

Currently Cineform can convert Sony Cineframe footage to 24P. Do you have any plans of adding advanced de-interlacing tools to Cineform (like DVFilm Maker) to give it the ability to convert 60i to 24P? (Thus being able to preserve more vertical resolution.)

Being able to acquire footage through good lenses via the Micro 35 or other lens adapter, and rotate and covert 60i to 24P on capture would make Cineform the ultimate utility for independent filmmakers editing on PCs.

I've been trying to keep up with all of the HDV technology over the last few months as I hope to buy a HDV camera soon, and I have been very impressed at how Cineform continues to add new features to it's product.

-Geoff
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Cineform Micro35 footage rotation and 60i to 24p conversion

Sorry, I thought I was posting this thread under the CineForm Software Showcase.

-Geoff
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

M2 Support.

Geoff,

We are definitely interesting in moving the direction you mention. By adding image processing features to the capture conversion path we can do things that native MPEG editing solutions have little chance to support. We readly do 4:2:0 to 4:2:2 upconversion filtering (even better in the next release), 3:2 pulldown reversal, time warping of video and audio, and image resizing (for Prospect HD) from 1440x1080 to 1920x1080. Adding support for the M2 lens adaptor (previously know as Micro35) we built an image rotation filter to the conversion path -- the 180 degree rotation (preserving field dominance) allows the M2 image to be correctly presented for editing. I can't say publicly what we are doing next, other then we will continue to add features that simplify the film-maker's work.
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

M2 Support and future additions

David,

Thanks for the reply. I know you can't talk about new features being added, but can you give a timeframe as to when the next Cineform product updates will roll out?

It's great to see that You and your team are keeping filmmakers needs in mind when expanding the capabilities of your product. I know that when I do buy an HDV camera, I will buy Cineform (Prospect or Aspect) at the same time.

-Geoff

(I have a question about how Cineform processes audio files, but I will ask that in another thread.)
Old July 7th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD 3.2 with the M2 len support will be available for download within a week or so (trying to be vague :) .) It has some other cool upgrades also. Connect HD for M2 will be about a week later.

P.S. If you are on the edge for purchasing Aspect HD you do not need to wait for 3.2, it will be a free download upgrade to all existing Aspect HD owners.
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Major Player

Sweet!

It just keeps getting better with you folks (i.e., Cineform), doesn't it?

Gotta love a company that doesn't rest on their laurels and has open an public communication with the user-base.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase