HDlink to slow down footage 50p to 25p? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Tourist

HDlink to slow down footage 50p to 25p?

Hello, most of my work is PAL 25p, so conversion of 60p is essential, ive had alot of success with hdlink slowing down some extreme sports 60P footage shot with the hdhero camera, to 29.97, then doing a 30 - 25p to get ultra smooth slow motion source footage at 100% playback speed, i can then drop the 25p footage into my timeline at 100% speed and its smooth without interpolation or frame blending

The reason im asking this is instead of using hdlink, in premiere if i interpret footage at half the speed to get my slow motion, the minute i want to do a ramp up/down in speed it looses its position and wont go past the end point of the clip if it was 50%... confusing i know..., so its easier to work with already slowed down slowmotion footage first, and do a 200% speed up to get realtime speed.

I have alot of 50p 1280*720 footage from my 7d which i would like to use in premiere, i wondered if there was a 50p to 25p 50% slowmotion option available in hdlink? if not, what is the best suggestion to do this, other than put everything into after effects and re-render all the clips at 50% speed :) hdlink is so great for this!

thoughts/problems all appreciated
regards
Oliver
Oliver Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Hdlink supports 50 to 25p in the Rate Change control, just set the -50% slowdown.
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi David,
If I am on a Mac and have Remaster how would i be able to do that? Or how would you suggest the best way to re-time 50p or 60p to 24p or 25p?
Thanks as always,
Ross
Ross Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

While Remaster on the Mac doesn't do it is one step (audio resampling in not on the Mac, we use an open source PC tools for that), you can converts in step one, and reload the CineForm MOV and re-wrap it will a new frame rate (losslessly.)
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #5
New Boot

Hi
Thanks for responding so quickly. Really appreciate it.
So if I've understood you correctly.
I take, for example, a 720p 60fps file (h.264 from 7D in this case but that’s probably not relevant) and convert it to a normal Cineform file.
Then once its in a mov that’s Cineform I re-wrap it to a different frame rate?
Can you send me a link to find out how to do that? I haven't been able to find that out on your site.
thanks again
Ross
Ross Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No I can't, that is Mac stuff, I don't us them. :) It is in Remaster somewhere.

I just looked,

Within Paramaters, under the output tab, set the output to "CF Rewarp" and then in the processing tab, enable frame rate change change and select the target speed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase