Vegas crashes with NeoPlayer's codec at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas crashes with NeoPlayer's codec

I have 3-4 different installations of Vegas on this PC, all installed in parallel (no collisions). I used to have NeoHD installed on the same PC, and later the NeoSCENE trial, it all worked fine. Then, I uninstalled that (clean slate as far as Windows Uninstaller was concerned), and installed the NeoPlayer. Both the previous version and the current one in beta cause ALL installed versions of Vegas to crash here, 100% reproducible. Vegas crashes when it tries to read the CF files and create thumbnails. The .dll that's causing Vegas to crash is Cineform's according to the very small error message that pops up (nothing of substance really, just an 0x address).

Please note that I have renamed the old cfhd.dll that Vegas Pro used to come with, in order to force Vegas to load the VfW NeoPlayer version instead of its own. If you're going to test this, please make sure that only NeoPlayer's version is available to Vegas.

Also, NeoPlayer does work just fine inside media players (e.g. WMP), it's only Vegas that's crashing with it. XP SP3 32bit, 3 GB of RAM, Pentium 4 at 3 Ghz.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Major Player

You can ignore this question, I filed a support ticket with Cineform instead, with more info.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Wrangler

Were you able to find a solution? Just ran across the same thing myself.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase