Neoscene doubles frame rate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 12th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Neoscene doubles frame rate

I've just converted a load of AVCHD files from my HMC-150 with Neoscene HDLink (Version 1.5.0). The files were 1280x720 30P(29.97). The resulting Cineform AVI's are 60P(59.94), and boy, is it obvious when played. I've never experienced this before.

Steve Brame
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If you're editing using Premiere Pro, you can right-click the file in the project bin, select "Interpret Footage" and set the frame rate and other properties manually to correct this until Cineform gets this fixed.
John Quandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This may be fixed in the beta (available on this forum,) or there is a patch from support.
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Unfortunately, the beta doesn't run on my machine, so I've had to regress. Re-interpretation of the clips works great for the video aspect, but slows the audio by half, causing me to have to bring in an unslowed version of the audio. Since I'm using Neoscene to make editing my AVCHD material easier, the point is getting defeated.
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If the beta doesn't work for, you need to report that, which is why we post a public beta. The beta is going become the release today or tommorrow. As for some 720p25/30 cameras, internally they report to our software as 720p50/60, which is why the speed change. Support has a patch for you.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks David,

I've submitted a ticket on the beta not working. I'm going to move the install to another machine today to see if it's isolated.
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Well, I moved the Neoscene beta install around to a couple of other PC's - one running WinXP, and the other Vista 32bit. HD Link ran on both, so I'm wondering if the problem on my main PC is Vista 64bit. I'll make sure this gets noted on my trouble ticket. On the other hand, although the 1.6.0 beta ran on those machines, it would not convert my 720p30 HMC-150 files correctly, continuing to output them as 720p60. This would lend credence to the problem of certain cameras incorrectly reporting the frame rate to Neoscene, but it seems as though there would be more posts of this situation here. Or perhaps those folks just went straight to the 'support ticket' route?
Old March 15th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Trustee

Don't worry, you aren't the only one: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...iles-help.html
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks so much Graham. I'd not found any threads specific to the issue. Glad you could point me to it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase