Optimal way to sync audio and convert to Cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Optimal way to sync audio and convert to Cineform

I shot an interview with a Canon 5D and recorded the audio on Nagra 4.2. Should i convert the clips with HDlink and then import them in NLE, sync audio and re-encode? I'm afraid to loose a generation by compressing twice.

Or should i import audio and H.264 clips in NLE, sync and render to Cineform to have a first generation Cineform file?

Which software would you recommend?

I have been using Vegas for 4 years but just got Premiere CS4 and from what i read with Premiere you do not have the color space issues that Vegas has (Computer RGB to Studio RGB, Smart Rendering).

Is Premiere easier to deal with in that aspect where you just import clips and not worry about color space and other issues like that?
Martin Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There are no issue compressing twice with CineForm, or 10 times for that matter. Why do you need to create a new sync file? Can't you simply keep video and audio sources separate in the NLE. Vegas doesn't have colorspace issues, CineForm works with their colorspace correctly, it just a matter of getting your mind around Sony's choice of black level.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase