Problems with neoscene after Canon releases 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:22 PM   #1
Tourist

Problems with neoscene after Canon releases 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.4

I was enjoying using Neoscene (pc version) for several months, everything always went perfectly. But now, after Canon has finally released 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.4, which gave us real 29.97 also 23.976 fps, using cineform AVI's, generated using version 1.6, cause PP to crash all the time. Not only PP, also windows media player.

I tried old version of Neoscene (prior installing 1.6) with 'old' 5D MOV files (30 fps) - everything was fine. After upgrading Neoscene, also 5D firmware, I have now left without my most useful tool.

To be fair, I was afraid of it, when I saw Canons announcement of new firmware, but I guess it just a matter of time for fix to come out. I could be severely wrong with my assumptions that it's Neoscene's fault, but as I told I have made reasonable check before posting this message.

I use win7 *64, nvidia 8800gtx, 8GB RAM.
Martynas Papartynas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Contract support as we are working fine with the new Canon firmware
http://bit.ly/d4kYGP
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM   #3
Tourist

Apologize

I make my apologize. Yesterday I have reinstalled the whole system, now it works like a charm. Basically, I experienced few other strange things with neoscene until... I have decided to abandon RAID0 (integrated into MOBO). After doing that many things have become much more fluent, so I WAS VERY WRONG, AND I MAKE MY APOLOGIZE TO CINEFORM TEAM. As I have mentioned in my OP, I was enjoying using your product, and now I'm even more happier.
Martynas Papartynas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase