Time-line playback issue in CS-3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 31st, 2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Time-line playback issue in CS-3

Having trouble with playback of the CS-3 timeline. It plays fine with unrendered transitions, but whenever a transition gets rendered, say with a dissolve to a graphic over video, the time line does one of two things. It either 1) plays and then the video grabs a freeze frame while the time-line continues and plays audio. 2) Completely stops playing anhead of the rendered preview section. When I export this video, it is corrupt. Media player will launch then crash. This doesn't happen to projects created using different presets other than Cineform, Adobe HDV and SD video. It also does the same thing with either an exisiting project or a new CIneform one

I have a dual quad core 2.5 ghz Dell 7400 work station with a GeForce 8800 GTS card. Running Windows XP pro 32 bit with 4G of Ram. Currently using Prospect 4.3

I've tried unintalling Quicktime, reverted to Prospect 4.1, changed around the 3GB switch, uninstalled and re-installed CS3. I've always had the traditional issuses everybody has faced, but this is a new one. I haven't added any hardware or software recently, and run all my media - including the render preview media to raid 0 striped internal drives.

I have filed a help ticket, but I thought that with everyone so helpful on this site, I would post and see if anyone else has had a similiar experience. Any feedback is very much appreciated!
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey, Greg! We need to get together again for some lunch soon... Lots to catch up on...

When did this all start? I thought you had things running pretty well other than the DVD render issue.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase