Announcing Neo Family Version 5 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 19th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #61
Major Player

It looks as if the CF-wave will still give us a good ride well into the foreseeable future, come what may!

My wallet just breathed a sigh of relief and stopped clinging so tightly to it's perch on my desk...
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #62
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Young View Post
... Neo HDv 5.0 RTE + CS5 will have similar benefits without the need of CUDA card upgrade...
If this is indeed the bottom line, it should be a huge screaming headline and a sticky thread all of its own. There's so much guesswork and speculation going on right now that this is great and crucial info.

Once there's a large installed user base of the new software, it'll be great to have some performance comparisons of CS5 alone, with various CUDA cards but no Cineform, with Cineform but no CUDA card, and with both. Of course, finding otherwise identical systems for benchmarking will be a challenge...
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
If this is indeed the bottom line, it should be a huge screaming headline and a sticky thread all of its own. There's so much guesswork and speculation going on right now that this is great and crucial info.

Once there's a large installed user base of the new software, it'll be great to have some performance comparisons of CS5 alone, with various CUDA cards but no Cineform, with Cineform but no CUDA card, and with both. Of course, finding otherwise identical systems for benchmarking will be a challenge...
Snap - Is this a fair statement?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #64
Major Player

This is a small thing, but is there a chance HD Link can support drag and drop? I sometimes view my clips in Explorer and have HD Link open. I often try to drag and drop into HD Link but always forget it won't allow that. It's not terribly important, but it'd be nice.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #65
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Drag and drop for HDlink is on the list, although not in 5.0.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase