Release Date Neo v.5 ??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #16
Regular Crew

uninstalled prospect...installed cs5 production premium today. wow very nice so far. definitely faster exports. ready to test my cineform files now. hopefully v 5 beta tomorrow? :)
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #17
Major Player

Ppcs4

Looks very nice and so stable. I am not used to this. lol!

I can't wait to have cineform working in this environment!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Looks like the beta is not going to happen on the 1st for us just normal folks who aren't doing 3D stuff. I must say I feel very disappointed. Been waiting a long time for the real-time engine, and now that CS5 is up and running I was so expecting to see the beta. I really thought Cineform would have come through.
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes we are running a few days behind schedule, which is many month ahead of when we normally support an Adobe release. In the meantime try Neo3D, remember each product is simply a super-set of the next tier down, so if you don't use 3D keyframing or left/right eye color disparity you are using Neo4K, if you don't use alpha channels or greater than 1920x1080 you are using NeoHD. The changes in FirstLight and the CS5 integration is what makes Neo v5.0 for NeoHD/4K/3D. We have a few more items to complete before we go gold on the whole lineup, the early release of Neo3D was easier for licensing reasons (as it still runs on a v4 license, we can't do that for the rest of the product line which requires new keys and back-end license service changes.)
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:11 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks David - that does work. I have a question - I have an intensity card. The only way to get real-time output from this card is to use their presets in Premiere CS5, but it takes a real performance hit. Any way that your presets will output through the intensity in the future? Maybe I don't understand enough, but doesn't the intensity presets use their codec when playing back? How bout the Matrox Mini?
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM   #21
Major Player

Hi Tom, it is likely to use any HD-SDI card you will need to use the preset for the card manufacturer. The next step is to make sure that their support for CineForm playback is as good as the playback we get in our presets. We've worked closest with AJA so far, but I suspect other card manufacturers will offer improved CineForm support in the near future.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase