NeoHD V5 HDLink at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 16th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

NeoHD V5 HDLink

I have one AVCDH clip that loads on the timeline and plays fine in Premiere Pro CS5, Vegas Pro 9e and media player. When I use HDLink to convert the same clip to CFHD no errors are posted but when I load the Cineform file in PP.. the first 15 video frames are not converted.

Ed B

Update:

The problem with limted to one clip. The only way I can convert the AVCHD clips and have the converted file match the original file is by loading the original AVCHD on the Vegas timeline and rendering to a Cineform file. When I use HDLink or PP CS5 the Cineform files do not match the original ie dropped frames or extended audio track.

Last edited by Edwin Baldwin; May 16th, 2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Additional testing
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I finished the tests and found that HDLink is fine. One of the AVCHD clips I tested had a anomaly at the beginning of the clip and that was detected by both HDLink and PP CS5 which caused them to skip the first 15 frames. When the same clip was loaded in Vegas 9 was it was apparently more tolerant that PP or HDLink and included the first 15 frames. The included frames looked fine in Vegas and I do not why PP and HDlink rejected the frames.

I also found the rendered PP CS5 Cineform AVI audio track extends past the end the video track. When the AVI is dropped on the timeline in PP the extended audio track is truncated. When the same avi is dropped on the timeline in Vegas the extended audio track is not truncated.

Ed B
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase