Workflow Dynamics: Adobe CS5, Cineform Neo 4K, AJA LHi - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 25th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Tim, your like a sea of knowledge:-)

So just to be clear, Machina and Cineform on the same disk and same partition is no more a conflict when it comes to CS5 or CS3 for that matter?

PS Sorry I'm a Swedish dude and sometimes my reading a bit flawed, cool your a PC man:-)
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #17
Major Player

I just confirmed from the AJA side that all should live in the same boot system in harmony with CS5.

-Tim
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Regular Crew

This is just sweet music to my ear Tim:-) Thanks for all hjälp

Some news from AJA:
AJA Windows Software 5.0 for KONA and Io Express Now Available
Support for Adobe CS5!
AJA is pleased to announce that AJA Windows support for Adobe CS5 is now available for free download from AJA's website.

New Features
• Support for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop CS5 has been added (64 bit)
• Support for the Mercury Playback Engine in Premiere Pro CS5
• Support for CineForm compressed file playback has been added including support for stereoscopic files
Adobe CS5 Support for Mac Coming Soon!
Download Windows software v5.0 and read more about the new features and resolved issues in the release notes.

Will this mean that I can use Cineform wtih my AJA card or do I have to wait until Cineform add AJA?
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #19
Regular Crew

David, will this work for us that use AVI Cineform files too, I like to have a SDI out monitor view from my timeline from Premiere CS5? (Windows 7 64)

"CineForm QuickTime file playback support in AJA Premiere Pro sequences has been
implemented. For users with any CineForm license, you can place CineForm QuickTime
files in your timelines for editing, monitoring, and output".

Question 2: Should I use the Cineform ASIO still to get perfect sync?

Best Regards
Mikael
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Still a bit confused....

If AJA released their Version 5 software for Adobe CS5 compatibility, are they supposed to have another release with Windows Cineform playback options? (The read-me file say sthey have this already for MAC time lines) If this is the case, where will you find the settings so you can monmitor your time line on an external HDMI or SDI Monitor?
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Greg, I like to know this too, is Cineform "READY" for program monitor view from the timeline with AJA KONA LHi "PC" SDI and HDMI????

And the upcoming support for P2 AVC-Intra 100/50, what is the status for this????

Help us out here David please, do not leave us out in the darkness on this:-)

Regards
Mikael
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

CS5 AJA playback modes are supporting CineForm in the latest release from AJA. We believe this will help keep system configuration complexity to a minimum.

Re: P2 AVC-Intra, not yet, we get so few requests for it, we thought we had a workaround, but found it was not suitable for release. It needs to either easy or in high demand, currently it is neither.
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM   #23
Regular Crew

So Cineform has nothing to do with AJA and Cineform any more is that right?, Everything depends on what AJA decides to support, Yes/NO????

Could you please tell me if all sound and video support goes through AJA these days with CS5 and please be "precise" and not through Cineform ASIO or Cineform's driver for the card it self as it was in Prospect HD in CS3/CS4????

I don't grasp this "new" AJA and Cineform support at all?????

Should I use the Cineform preset or AJA preset to get program program monitor view from the timeline with AJA KONA LHi "PC" SDI and HDMI????

No AVC-Intra okey now I know at least (not glade but now i know).

Regards
Mikael
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

AJA is now a licensee of CineForm's codec technology. So you will be seeing increasing CineForm support within AJA presets. This is a good thing. AJA and CineForm are partners in this. Use AJA drivers, and AJA presets, and follow the AJA manual, we will seamlessly work under those project settings.
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Sweet David, just one last question they only tell about the quicktime support will "AVI" be supported too (Cineform AVI)???

Regards
Mikael
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:19 PM   #26
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes AVI is in the works. Just as we have MOV in the works for CS5 under the CineForm playback. AJA released cross platform CS5 support so MOV was a priority, we focused Windows first so AVI was priority -- both will so both in time.
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Do you have some sort of time schedule David for AVI Cineform for AJA?
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM   #28
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I don't have details on AJA schedule, but we will ask on our next call.
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Thanks David your the man:-)
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Still fuzzy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
AJA is now a licensee of CineForm's codec technology. So you will be seeing increasing CineForm support within AJA presets. This is a good thing. AJA and CineForm are partners in this. Use AJA drivers, and AJA presets, and follow the AJA manual, we will seamlessly work under those project settings.
So, I set up a new project with the AJA presets, import my HDV Canon 24 F as 1920 x 1080 Progressive and edit. This gives me the use of time line monitoring through the AJA card. In doing this, I am using the Cineform codec in the project? If this is correct, is it because of Cineform is being installed with AJA that places the codec to work internally under the AJA settings?

The way I would normally think to do this is pick the Cineform Preset option - like I've done in the past, choose the 1440x1080 24F 1:33 setting and edit. I would normally think that under "Sequence playback" settings, there should be a "Cineform setting."

Then the confusing part to me is what is the difference from what I werote above and this:

[Yes AVI is in the works. Just as we have MOV in the works for CS5 under the CineForm playback. AJA released cross platform CS5 support so MOV was a priority, we focused Windows first so AVI was priority -- both will so both in time. - David Newman]

What about HD link CIneform material that has already been captured - DO I just bring it into to an AJA preset project and edit it?

Because this sounds like the use of AVIs isn't incorporated with AJA yet?

David - Thanks for your patientce in getting us to understand this.

Mikael - Thank to yo for continuing this conversation thread!

Greg Kubitschek
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase