NeoScene vs -> NeoHD v5 upgrade - need to install NeoScene first? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #1
New Boot

NeoScene vs -> NeoHD v5 upgrade - need to install NeoScene first?

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 and now need to install my new NeoHD upgrade. I haven't yet installed and activated my original NeoScene license. Do I need to do that first, and then upgrade to the new NeoHD? Or can I just download the trial of NeoHD v5 and use my new serial key to activate that?
Tim Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Tim,
I was in the same place as you, fresh install and upgrade. I did not install neoscene. The instructions I had said you had to remove all Cineform files and since I didn't have any installed.... I installed NeoHD but unfortunately I have been having problems with the soft ware not registering/authoriziing/or something. I would wait until David Newman or some one from Cineform gives you the correct sequence and hopefully save you any aggravation.
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #3
New Boot

Ok thanks David, sounds like you do need to install, activate, then uninstall (but don't deactivate) NeoScene v1 first then... I'll wait to see what DN says.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Just install NeoHD, it is a full version and needs nothing from NeoScene.

David Chilson, contact support.
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks David, that makes life a lot easier! Do I need to download and install the trial version or update version? I think maybe there needs to be some clarification in the instructions for upgrading NeoScene to NeoHD. My first email said

Quote:
Your previous serial number will no longer be necessary, and is henceforth considered returned. It will no longer be eligible for activation or upgrade.

To download your software, visit our downloads page (CineForm Product Downloads), choose the proper download, and select "Update". Please uninstall any previous CineForm software on your system before installing the new version.
So I download the update version, not the trial version? I did what the email said and downloaded the update version, then the email I get says:

Quote:
This update link is for those customers with a NEO HD v5 (or v4) serial number....

Instructions:

1. Uninstall the previous version of NEO HD prior to installing the new version, but do NOT deactivate.

2. Download and install the new version of NEO HD

3. Your NEO HD activation should be properly recognized once installed
Ok, I don't have NeoHD as I'm going NeoScene v1 -> NeoHD v5, so I can't follow these instructions. But do I then need to have my old NeoScene v1 installed and activated, and then uninstalled but not deactivated, for the update to work? Hence why I posted this thread :)

I'm not trying to be all pedantic, I think Cineform products are excellent, just trying to give some contructive customer feedback.
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Just install NeoHD, it is a full version and needs nothing from NeoScene.

They is no difference between a trial version and an update version, they are the same.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase