does NEO not inlcude all filters from Prospect HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Trustee

does NEO not inlcude all filters from Prospect HD

Working on my first project in CS5 and I am primarily using Adobe filters and plugins. I do need to use some of the really useful Cineform transitions and I am not finding any! Are they not included or is something screwed up on my system?

I know Cineform has a lot of great features beyond this, but I really rely on Cineform wipes as the default Adobe transitions aren't very useful and look dated.

I also notice that after I updated to Premiere CS5 5.01 yesterday via the Adobe updater, that I now only see one reference to CIneform anywhere in the effects area, and that is under video effects;CineForm:Paralax 3d.

There are no other instances of CIneform effects anywhere to be found.

I checked on my laptop which I have not updated to PPRO 5.01 yet and I see additional effects, Cineform Color, Cineform Noise FIlter and in transitions I see Cineform Dissolves (only 2 dissolves in there)

So did I miss an announcement stating that Cineform was doing away with all their transitions in NEO HD or are both my PCs messed up? Especially the PPRO 5.0.1 version as it shows only Parallax 3d....no other cineform tools at all.

Thanks. I hope these filters are still there.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We didn't know that anyone used the wipes. I'll see if they can be ported to CS5.
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Trustee

I am probably the only one! There are 3-4 that I use regularly as an alternative to the wipes that Adobe has. I soften the edges and it makes a more polished wipe for taking some logos and text on and off the screen when I am producing motion graphics. Adobe should really step it up when it comes to some more organic and natural looking transitions as even vegas has more professional looking transitions.

Regardless.....can you clarify what effects I should be seeing with Neo HD in it's current form? Also, any ideas why some of the effects are gone after Adobe updated to PPRO 5.0.1 yesterday?

Thanks a million.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Me, too. I use the wipes, too. For the right kind of prog they're really useful. I could use something else easily enough, but if they can be ported to CS5, that would be cool...
Ian Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Trustee

What else would you use?
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Major Player

I agree, would love to see the old effects back in CS5 as all the color corrections and transitions have gone since the upgrade. Although first light is an amazing tool, sometimes it's just easier to make a quick color correction on a clip in the NLE.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The two color correctors, levels and denoise filter where ported. Only the wipes weren't ported.
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Trustee

David,
On my laptop I am seeing one folder in the transitions called Cineform but it contains only an additive dissolve and a cross dissolve. I am currently downloading CS5 PPRO 5.0.1 and will see if these disappear as my main machine lost these when I updated.

Marty
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I updated to CS5 PP 5.0.1 and I have:

Video Effects
Cineform - Paralax 3D

Cineform Color - Color Balance 32- bit
Color Corrector 32 bit
Levels - 32 bit

Cineform Nosie Filter (non RT)

Video Transitions
Cineform Dissolves - Additive Dissolve
Cross Dissolve 32 bit

Ed B
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Trustee

I just noticed on my laptop that after the 5.0.1 update I am seeing a CF logo at the top of the effects section that allows me to click on it and then I see only the Cineform effects. PRetty cool! I also see 2 cineform transitions still.

However on the machine that is still giving me issues, I do not see this and several effects seem to be missing. I am beginning to wonder if I accidentally installed the beta instead of the full release....

hmmm......
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase