Best conversion for HD to SD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Best conversion for HD to SD

Is HDLink buggy?? can't seem to get an answer here....

I have Cineform HDLink to covert Canon 5D mk2 MOVs to AVIs for editing in Sony Vegas Studio HD 10

Right now I'm say use the native size in conversion and last night I noticed that after conversion the AVI was same size but that it wasnt progressive as the MOV was but had been change to interlaced as an AVI.

Is this correct or do I need to select a different setting??

From Vegas I'd render as 720 but now i'm wondeing it i don't need to select interlaced and what field?

Could you shed some light on this ?

Thanks
Harry

Last edited by Harry Simpson; June 25th, 2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: no response
Harry Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Seems Vegas is the buggy one. Sorry Cineform. Apparently Vegas tried to change the Cineform AVI to UpperField Interlaced behind the scenes.
ARGH!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase