HELP ! - Codec issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 18th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HELP ! - Codec issues

Ok, first I will say that I made a truly idiotic move. I'm editing on a MacBook Pro and when I saw my hard drive was getting full I deleted some files. DOH! Now I have problems. I didn't intentionally delete Neoscene but it is no longer in the Cineform folder. The icon is on the desktop but it won't open. This is just one symptom of a bigger problem. Now, the clips I had created with Neoscene no longer work. They will not play or import to Premier. Even stills I had in a project will no longer work. I get an error message about them being the wrong depth.

To try to remedy this I have added Snow Leopard and ungraded to CS5. I still have issues.

If I still had the original download from Neoscene I would try to re-install that. I didn't save that to a disc and now I can't find it.

Bottom line seems to be some missing codec(s). It's times like this I am reminded that I am more a producer than a computer pro. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas ? Is there a way to diagnoe this or maybe load more codecs to see if I can get things working ?
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

you can just re download again the software again, choose update and choose the product that you own
Cineform Tech Blog CineForm Product Updates

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Leo. I figured that may do it. I was trying late last night and I couldn't get it to download properly. Today it worked fine. Maybe I just needed some sleep. :) Seems to be fine now. Thanks for the response.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase