NeoHD Audio Output is Static at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 21st, 2010, 11:50 PM   #1
New Boot

NeoHD Audio Output is Static

Just did a new OS load (W7 64-bit) same computer, same OS. Just wanted a fresh clean start.

I'm on Media Composer 5 and have used NeoHD (and previously Neo Scene) to convert the AVCHD files from my Canon HF10. Always worked great, never ever had a problem.

Deactivated my license to move to the new drive. First thing I did after the OS install was load NeoHD. Tried to convert a file but received an error. Installed Quicktime 7.6.7 and that fixed it. Successfully converted the W7 sample wmv file with no problems - audio was perfect.

Then I tried to convert a file that I had previously converted without error taken right off my camera. Nothing in the log file to suggest any problems. But when playing it back (Media Player or Quicktime Player) the audio track is pure static, nothing intelligible.

The only thing that I noticed is that in program manager, the only Cineform program installed is NeoHD. I have two additional Cineform programs - HD codecs, installed in the previous working setup.

Can someone suggest a possible solution to this issue?

Keith
Keith Gresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:43 PM   #2
New Boot

found it...

I just found another post about 5.1 channel issues with the AC3Filter and it dawned on me that I had not yet installed it. It is working perfectly now.

An error message would have been very helpful.

Keith
Keith Gresham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase