NeoScene activation process is ridiculous at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1
New Boot

NeoScene activation process is ridiculous

I am using NeoScene and often need to use my laptop to convert footage when I am working on location.

Before, I used to get the activation code e-mails within a few hours, which was still a total pain every time I need to go on location.

Now it's taking several DAYS before I get and activation code from their website. WTF?

Yes, I can just buy another copy of NeoScene, but I already own a copy and don't need to use it on tow computers at the same time.

Anyone else having the same issues?

I would assume that the activation process on their end is automated, but now I am thinking that a human has to actually look at the activation requests and send out the e-mails with activation codes. Otherwise, why would it take so long to get the activation code e-mail?

Why not have a script that gives you the activation code on the website right when you fill out the form?

What a total pain...

-Darin
Darin Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please check you spam folder, it not there re-request. It is fully automated, and you should get an email within 5 minutes. We use email to confirm their validity -- ocassionally we send out promotions.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:31 PM   #3
New Boot

It's not in my spam folder.

According to Jake at your company, your activation server was having issues and kept shutting down. Apparently it is being fixed.

In the meantime, Jake was able to send me the activation e-mail and I am up and running again.

We'll see how it goes next time...

Thanks for responding,

-Darin
Darin Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:34 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is running fine since the new powersupply was installed a few days ago, maybe your request went in just before that.
Old September 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Major Player

My understanding is that you can load and activate Cineform software on two computers as long as you don't run them at the same time. This would be specifically so you could use a laptop in the field. Why are you constantly reactivating?
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Sponsor: CineForm

You can actually run both activations at the same time.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase