DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   NeoXX Beta 5.1.4.275 (should be v5.2.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/485509-neoxx-beta-5-1-4-275-should-v5-2-a.html)

David Newman October 2nd, 2010 11:24 AM

No Mac update in this release. All it is getting the codec upgrades, although the proxy generation for Mac is likely a while off. If you need proxies, you can use the PC version on NeoHD to generate proxies for Neo3D Mac. The re-spin of Mac FirstLight is what we are focusing on.

Bob Hart October 3rd, 2010 07:26 AM

David.

Thanks for that.

What is your recommended computer for CS5 / NeoHD?

I've been building no-names but have always had those little glitches like video boards which work around in their slots due to noisy fans and develop resistive joints and those sodding SATA plugs, which split on the corners - score 3 so far. If I could bait the person responsible for visiting those upon mankind, I would.

The AU$ is not as moribund as it used to be against the US$, so now might be as good a time as any to upgrade.

Regards from here in the real west.

David Newman October 3rd, 2010 09:55 AM

For non workstation class, I like system using ASUS motherboards and the Intel 980X or equivalent (6 core "Gulftown" or "Westmere.") I build my own for that. For workstations, reconfigure an HP or Lenovo -- well built systems but they can often do with some performance tweaks.

Ariel Gilboa October 4th, 2010 10:37 AM

How soon this version will go official ?

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable upgrading in the middle of a project.... (as for now I'm just transcoding, not
even color correcting)

Giroud Francois October 5th, 2010 01:25 PM

rule #1. if your installation works, don't try to fix it

rule #2 do not switch version in the middleof a project.

rule #3 never use beta on production machine unless there is no hope.

Mikael Bergstrom October 7th, 2010 01:20 PM

Image is upside down.

Hello David

My image is upside down when I use the first light and look through my AJA card with this build, don't know why?

My AJA card is Kona with the latest driver.

My PC Spec:
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Intel i7 920
Corsair DD3 12GB
Nvidia GTX470
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
CS5 Production Premium

Stelios Christofides October 11th, 2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giroud francois (Post 1575827)
rule #1. If your installation works, don't try to fix it

rule #2 do not switch version in the middleof a project.

Rule #3 never use beta on production machine unless there is no hope.

Golden Rules!!!

Ariel Gilboa October 11th, 2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1577550)
Golden Rules!!!

Yes but the gold is a little worn out here :-)

The frequent updates and the new feature set (eg. Proxies) and bug fixes (eg. sound is lost in some MOVs) make SOME of the updates compelling.

So, after you are exposed to the new build, it is a choice of the following : OR stay with the current [working flawlessly] build .... OR take the plunge and enjoy the new ESSENTIAL features/bug fixes - at the "risk"
of working with a "beta" (which is called BETA only since 5.1.1 - if you remember... not so long ago :-)

Lets take Cubase (audio sequencer) for example :

Updates are every 4 months or so. bug fixes and maybe new features. you have time to prepare, adapt to a
new workflow, GHOST your HD if something's goes wrong...

The situation here is different altogether...

I'm *** NOT ****complaining or something... after all, it is up to ME to update or not. but I must admit that
the decision is not always easy ... ;-)