HDlink encoding and (parentheses) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 5th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Major Player

HDlink encoding and (parentheses)

I have recently discovered that HDlink, while encoding .mt2 files to Cineform avi hangs if trying to convert a file that has a parentheses in the file name.

For example:

Test file (01).m2t
(A file with parentheses seems to hangs HDlink and encoding stops about 3/4 of the way)

Test file 01.m2t
(A file without parentheses will encode fine)

Can anyone confirm the same behavior. This is a bit of a problem as On-Location uses parentheses when adding new takes.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I just added ( ) to a CineformFS2 file name and used HDLink to export a CineformHD file from it without any problems.
John Reeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #3
Major Player

It may well be just something weird about my system or converting from .m2t but it hangs everytime, although without the ( ) it's fine. It's not the end of the world by a long shot but a minor annoyance.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase