completely remove all traces of cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Major Player

completely remove all traces of cineform

Hi,

urgent request....anyone know how to remove all traces of cineform? I'm urgently needing to capture using the latest release of NeoScene (thanks David for the super fast action on the old cineform files crashing Vegas) but I'm stuck in this merry-go-round of licence expiry and invalid activation codes.

I've submitted tickets but I need to get going tonight and I can't get any new cineform files on until I can get the trace of it gone. Am I going to have to do a clean install of Windows?????

thanks in advance
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

While is it is easy to remove all the CineForm components it is not easy to remove the licensing, for good reasons (short of a clean Window install.) We use third party licensing, and they will not tell us how to do as it would break the licensing scheme for all their customers. However there is a solution. Uninstall NeoScene and install NeoHD, that will run in a trial for 15-days. On Monday support can fix you system for NeoScene (if you not already hooked on FirstLight and want to upgrade.)
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks. I would like to say I am hooked on FirstLight while waiting to get NeoScene back up and running but I can't even import any Cineform AVIs into it!

Get the message:

"could not load metadata"
"The file.......avi. is not a valid Cineform File, is corrupted, or needs a CFRepair upgrade"

Needless to say I've had just about enough of getting software sorted and as I'm in the middle of an edit now I don't have the time to be submitting any more tickets and sample clips. Additionally, all the footage I captured whilst using the trial has dancing black dots in all highlights.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase