Sony Vegas 10a immediately crashes on m2t to Cineform renders. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony Vegas 10a immediately crashes on m2t to Cineform renders.

I just got a message today saying that there was a new version of Cineform Neo HD. I installed it this morning in order to see if my problem with Sony Vegas 10a and Cineform was fixed with this update. The problem I have is that while Cineform to Cineform renders work fine, HDV m2t to Cineform renders immediately crash Vegas 10a. Anyway, I'm sorry to say that I still get the immediate crash when I try this render. As this is something I do regularly, I unfortunately have to keep using other codecs for the time being. M2t to Cineform renders work fine in Vegas 9.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I just tried m2t to CineForm, worked fine. M2T on timeline, render as CineForm AVI, works great. Is there another way that fails? You shoud also contact Sony support as we now have very little control over the CineForm integration in Vegas.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm having even worse luck now than I did when I made the original post. Even Cineform to Cineform is failing in my install of Vegas 10a. I believe that Cineform converted with HD Link will render from a Vegas 10 timeline, but Cineform rendered from Vegas 9 will crash upon render, at least on my system. I was in the middle of a project today and had to save as an EDL so that I could go back to the earlier version of Vegas in order to render. I simply could not make it work any other way.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you a have a short file that causing anything to crash, please send it to us. While this is sounds more like a Vegas issue, which we have little influence, if we can fixed, we need something to work with.
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Major Player

I was working in a 1920x1080 progressive project for the last few days in Vegas v10.0a-64bit and Cineform renders from Cineform NeoHD or MP4 source files worked fine.

Today, I started working on a 1920x1080 interlaced project and upon render it crashes with an "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)" in "CFHDEncoder64.dll." The same thing happens in Vegas 10.0a-32bit but with the 32bit version of the Cineform encoder (CFHDEncoder.dll) Rendering to anything else, like uncompressed, Lagarith or the Blackmagic MJPEG codec using the same source files works fine. Rendering to Cineform NeoHD progressive seems to work fine, however interlaced crashes, regardless of the type of source files.

Also, 1920x1080 progressive 16x9 Cineform files will smart render, 720x480 16x9 Cineform files will not.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Interlaced 1920x1080 projects working fine in my tests. What is the simplest/smallest project you can produce to make the crash. Send us that project and source, so we can attempt to reproduce here.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase