Selectable FL db's in Neo player mac? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Selectable FL db's in Neo player mac?

Has this been created yet? A way for my editor in final cut pro to select the different branched Firstlight databases I tell him to? He just has Neo Player (mac of course). If he were on windows I could tell him to manually go in the registry and change that thing from "db" to "myproject1" or whatever, but he's on mac not windows so I dont know how to do it.

I'm setting up all the dropbox stuff now, wanting to start color correction on a ten minute short on Sunday. Dropbox appears to be working great.

Thanks!
Ben Hickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I tried to move database with follow suggestion
Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive Moving First Light color databases between PC and Mac

but naturally player read only db original database.
i solved the problem by merging database.

if you export database X with a name "db", when you import data in original "db" firstlight see that just exist original database and ask you if you want to merge database.

but, like many other, if David add the ability of player to read all databases i'm more happy.
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hickson View Post
Has this been created yet? A way for my editor in final cut pro to select the different branched Firstlight databases I tell him to? He just has Neo Player (mac of course). If he were on windows I could tell him to manually go in the registry and change that thing from "db" to "myproject1" or whatever, but he's on mac not windows so I dont know how to do it.

I'm setting up all the dropbox stuff now, wanting to start color correction on a ten minute short on Sunday. Dropbox appears to be working great.

Thanks!
I *think* you can install a trial version of NeoHD and then you will be given access to the DB functionality. This way you can share a dropbox account. Again I don't think that the DB functionality will go away when the trial expires.

I use drop box with my clients too. Word of caution. Backup your Dropbox folder daily (just copy and paste it to another disk). I have had a couple of times where dropbox has failed and had to resort to a backup version. I don't know why it failed or how to explain it either just all of a sudden my changes are not being applied to my clients copy. One time we went for a whole week making changes until we noticed our work was not being applied to each others DB I had to do my portion over again.

-John
John Reeve is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase