syncing L/R videos?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

syncing L/R videos??

OK, I've brought in L and R files from dual cameras... I was hoping I could shift the "temporal alignment" after I've muxed them, but it looks like not. So, it's really not easy (from what I can see) to align non-clapboarded clips... I would think there would be a way to "onion skin" or anaglyph a non muxed pair to view both at the same time to get a quicker and more accurate alignment, instead of the difficult method of going back and forth between views (as shown on Andy Bellamy's tutorial vid) to lock in... ??

(even the free Stereo Movie Maker has this "pre-mux" option to see overlays before locking in)

thanks
(oh, Happy News Year!)
Ron Labbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There are good reasons to align before muxing. While I would love to have a metadata field to slip the sync, that breaks NLE compatibility.

To preview onion onion skin is a good idea and on the wish list.
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

OK, I'm good with pre-aligning, but it doesn't seem to be very easy to do as is. Glad that you're looking into onion skin pre-align (anaglyph would be even better, or at least an option)

I have to say the support is phenomenal :)

thanks
Ron Labbe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase