Vegas 9b and Cinform issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 9b and Cinform issue

I think I am going to go back to Vegas 9e for now as I can't seem to resolve an issue with 10b. When using cineform and inserting transitions between scenes I find that there is a distracting and abrupt light shift at the beginning and end of the transition. Is this a cineform issue? I am using the most recent version of Neo HD. The problem seems to occur with or without First Light modifications. Also, if I use FL to apply a "look" and then remove that look the change does not always apply in Vegas, even if I restart. Its odd, sometimes just seems to require that I make a change to the scene, eg making it shorter, before it reverts back to the original (no look applied). Any thoughts?
Mervin Langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Not seeing the transitions level shift, and if that was true, that would be a Sony error. Was this during preview or only upon export? Vegas caching frames is know, however it would never survive a reset, a Vegas restart or simply scrubbing the timeline for a few seconds, so I guest I can't confirm that error either.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase