No download links in update e-mail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Major Player

No download links in update e-mail

I've just gone through the process of requesting the update to NeoHD build 298 for Windows.

I receive an e-mail back entitled "Download Request - NeoHD (Windows." The e-mail says: "You have requested to download NeoHD for Windows. The download links below cover both the Trial and Purchased versions of NeoHD version 5 and version 4."

There are no links in the e-mail.

I went back to the Cineform website and again requested an update. Same e-mail comes back.

How do I get the link for the download?
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I just requested an update to Neo HD v5.30 build 298 and the download link is fine. It looks like a new download page so make sure you are using a current update link.

-Ed
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Jay, are you sure your virus checker or email program aren't stripping out the links?
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Adam. Had not thought of that. Although links in other e-mails have come through okay, there might be something triggering a false positive from the Cineform site. I'll try downloading the responsive e-mails from a different machine with a different anti-virus program and see if that makes any difference.
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Found the problem. Cineform's message was sent as an html page but my e-mail was bringing it in as a plain text message. This has not been a problem for me in the past; Cineform's "download" messages have always come came through with the links intact even when converted to plain text. This time, however, I can only see the links by switching from plain text to full html. I can now see the link to build 298 and am downloading it now.
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Sponsor: CineForm

This was an oversight on my part when i updated the email templates. I have re-edited the e-mails to show the full URL. Try requesting the download again and let me know if it still doesn't work.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks for the effort. I'm a bit overloaded right now, so it will be a couple of days before I have time to check this. In the meantime, I figured out something I did not know and got the new NeoHD downloaded and working fine.
Jay West is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase