Another Idea at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Another Idea

I noticed a recent thread with a good idea, so I thought of a suggestion. Right now, if you send someone a CFHD AVI file, you have to explain to them about how you have to download Neo Player just to view the file. My idea is to have an option in the encoder to generate a file with a EXE extension. This file would have the AVI file embedded and the stub executable has only one function: to check for the presence of a CFHD codec and then to ask the user if it's okay to install the CFHD codec. The codec would then be installed from a remote server at Cineform automatically and the AVI would be unpacked and run as usual.

It's a minor convenience, but it would make CFHD files more transportable.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Another Idea

.exe may be win or mac only

many antivirus under windows see with a lots of suspect an .exe file

i think that if people work in an environment like video production, edit etc and be able to download xvid or divx codec, can download neoplayer codec from a direct link.

a player embedded could be a source of a lots of headace.
if you send a quicktime, do you send them link of apple to download?
ok you can do same think with direct link of neoplayer.
you tell them that are a new codec.
you do with matrox video codec, you do with blackmagic codec, you do for all codec...
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase