Matrox AVPe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Major Player

Matrox AVPe

So, is anyone using this card and gotten the component output to work?
I took my dual xeon server with a pcix x8 slot of cut the back side of the connector. I then plugged in my APVe and it works great in all uses except the component out. I get video but it is all red tint. So far matrox support has not idea. I updated to latest drives and f/w.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:26 AM   #2
New Boot

i have a dual opteron with a Matrox AVPe which i finished building a couple of days ago... the HD component out works but it letter boxes on a 42" HD plasma. I have not had time yet to address the issue with Matrox... perhaps is it the 8X vs 16X PCIe issue..? Good luck
David Cleverdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Is there an 8x vs 16x issue?

Also, my output on my HDTV is 4by3. It does not seem to output wide screen at all yet.

Dave
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Still struggling with this.

So, if I configure my matrox s/w to have one dvi LCD monitor and one TV, it then asks what type of TV. If I tell is standard, then on my component out to my TV, I got this redish picture.

But, if I change the matrox setup so the TV is not HD, I get no output.

This happens if i do WYSISYG in PPro, the same thing happes with a DVD playback. Two different cards do the same thing.

Dave
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM   #5
Major Player

Okay, my latest status. I finally got the cables connected to the correct places and am making a little progress. If I connect the apve component output to my HP2335 LCD panels component inputs, it works fine using wysiwyg from Ppro. But, if I take this signal and connect to my RCA 38310 component inputs, the screen does not want to sync. So, I know Matrox has a utility to mess with the settings for the monitor. Now the question is there a utility that will allow you to mess with the output to the HDTV.

Dave
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #6
Major Player

Well, finally got it all working. Had to connect the cables correctly. And then, set the monitor output from the card to sync with my TV.

So, I now have a PCI-e x16 board working in a pci-e x8 slot and am now watching my Ppro project live as I edit stuff!!! Well worth the money!!

Dave
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I very glad is now working as it should. Excellent news.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase