DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New GoPro CineForm product line is out today. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/504517-new-gopro-cineform-product-line-out-today.html)

David Newman January 18th, 2012 11:12 AM

New GoPro CineForm product line is out today.

Read the full press release here:

GoPro Boosts Entire GoPro CineForm Studio Product Family - lower thirds

We have essentially combined the features of the tools within HDLink/Remaster/FirstLight into the easier to use integrated CineForm Studio application.

Chad Haufschild January 18th, 2012 12:21 PM

Re: New GoPro CineForm product line is out today.

Hi, David. Exciting news! I'm looking forward to playing with the new interface, but I have a few questions for you before I jump in.

1. Are you rolling this out as a NEW product? What I mean is, will current users of NEO and NEO 3D have a free or paid upgrade path or will it be a full price purchase?

2. Since Firstlight is no longer stand-alone, can I upgrade in mid-project without causing problems with my current color grade?

3. Does the encoder allow for higher audio bit depth than 16bit yet? Ask Kevin about this. He might remember helping me through some 24bit audio problems I was having over a year ago. For archiving I'd love to see Cineform allow 24bit audio embedded with the video stream.

Thanks!

Chad

James Park January 18th, 2012 12:36 PM

Thanks for the update. I'll have to to try this out later today when I get home. Question though. I have not tried any of the betas and/or GoPro Cineform Studio (Neo user here) but with this change is HDLink capture functionality with Blackmagic/Aja still there? Also is this a required purchase upgrade for current users of Neo?

David Newman January 18th, 2012 12:50 PM

HDLink functions as it always did. Recent purchases for Neo or Neo3D (within 90 days) get upgraded for free, other upgrading from Neo to GoPro CineForm Studio Premium is $49 (same for Neo3D to GCSPro.)

Taky Cheung January 18th, 2012 12:54 PM

Do you notice HDLink looks so dated like a windows 95 application?

Lauri Kettunen January 18th, 2012 01:20 PM

Whta's the procedure to upgrade an older than 90 days Neo to Studio Premium?

Carlos Bustamante January 18th, 2012 01:55 PM

David, the price on the on-line store for upgrading from Neo to GoPro CineForm Studio Premium is $250. That is quite a difference to the price you announced.

David Newman January 18th, 2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Taky,

Yes HDLink was very dated, that is another reason it is being replaced by features within CineForm Studio Premium.

Lauri,

Select the product you would like to purchase at CineForm Inc

The select the product you have to do an upgrade from. Discounts will be applied.

David Newman January 18th, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Bustamante (Post 1710169)
David, the price on the on-line store for upgrading from Neo to GoPro CineForm Studio Premium is $250. That is quite a difference to the price you announced.

Carlos, that is minus $250, so you only pay $49.

Carlos Bustamante January 18th, 2012 01:59 PM

Your explanation appeared while I was submitting my comment. Sorry.

John Cline January 18th, 2012 02:13 PM

Has the activation process been changed/improved from NEO?

Matthew Amirkhani January 18th, 2012 02:45 PM

David, I purchased my Neoscene about a year ago. Now if I want to upgrade from Neoscene to GoPro premium how much will cost me exactly? what options do I have?

Thanks
Matthew

Markus Klatt January 18th, 2012 03:02 PM

/* edit: Sorry, I mixed Neo and NeoScene.*/

NeoScene is still available... Will NeoScene with Cineform codec be continued?

Don Litten January 18th, 2012 03:06 PM

Is there a trial version Dave?

David Newman January 18th, 2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Cline (Post 1710174)
Has the activation process been changed/improved from NEO?

Not today, it is the same as before right now. In a couple of week time there will be some improvements, particularly for managing upgrades -- we are test to new procedures internal now.

David Newman January 18th, 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Litten (Post 1710180)
Is there a trial version Dave?

We have 15-day full trials like always.

Get all our trails here: CineForm Product Downloads

David Newman January 18th, 2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Klatt (Post 1710178)
/* edit: Sorry, I mixed Neo and NeoScene.*/

NeoScene is still available... Will NeoScene with Cineform codec be continued?

NeoScene will be continued, although it is off the front page of CineForm.com and will be deemphasized. It will back in the product matrix next week, and you can't still by it today.

You can directly upgrade NeoScene to CineForm Studio Premium for $170 -- it is a deal.

Roy Feldman January 18th, 2012 04:15 PM

Love it, I'm sure instructions will follow but 'till then any keyboard shortcuts other than ctrl +C,+V,+shift+V?

James Park January 18th, 2012 04:27 PM

One more thing... If I upgrade, will I be issued new serial? And will that serial be retroactive to previous versions of Neo? Reason I ask is if I need to go back and open projects in Premiere I created using Neo (without desktop mode), can I do it? Another words for whatever reason, will new serial work for old Neo?

David Newman January 18th, 2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Feldman (Post 1710192)
Love it, I'm sure instructions will follow but 'till then any keyboard shortcuts other than ctrl +C,+V,+shift+V?

The undated manual for Premium and Professional is being finalized, but we could wait any longer.

Currently other than spacebar for play, no other shortcuts, yet more are coming.

David Newman January 18th, 2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Park (Post 1710196)
One more thing... If I upgrade, will I be issued new serial? And will that serial be retroactive to previous versions of Neo? Reason I ask is if I need to go back and open projects in Premiere I created using Neo (without desktop mode), can I do it? Another words for whatever reason, will new serial work for old Neo?

New serial are for new products only. Premium contains the same Premiere CS5.x support as Neo. Try it, no risk.

Nicholas de Kock January 18th, 2012 05:37 PM

David is there any "real" benefit to upgrading to GoPro CineForm Studio Premium from Neo at this point? Is it more than just a logo change? Was the black-out issue in Sony Vegas resolved?

David Newman January 18th, 2012 06:15 PM

Yes there is real benefit.

Visual conversions, instead of running blind in HDLink and Remaster.
Trimming (set in and out points) before conversion.
Audio playback while editing Active Metadata.
Much easier access and controls over Vectorscopes, Waveforms and histograms.
Integrated MP4 for web exports.
Better overall stability.

Yes, Vegas issues are solved.

Ben Denham January 18th, 2012 08:21 PM

I recently purchased Neo, do I need to do anything to get the free upgrade or is it just a case of uninstalling and installing GoPro Cineform Studio Premium?

Sejin Park January 18th, 2012 08:29 PM

Do you have any price or update policy for prior users?

Since I purchased neo 3D Last april, a month before the new price policy in effect.

I was expecting to get extra licenses and complete GoPro 3D camera rig...

David Newman January 18th, 2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Denham (Post 1710228)
I recently purchased Neo, do I need to do anything to get the free upgrade or is it just a case of uninstalling and installing GoPro Cineform Studio Premium?

Contact support@cineform.com and they will issue you your new key for Premium.

David Newman January 18th, 2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sejin Park (Post 1710229)
Do you have any price or update policy for prior users?

Since I purchased neo 3D Last april, a month before the new price policy in effect.

I was expecting to get extra licenses and complete GoPro 3D camera rig...

$49 a seat is the upgrade fee. If you didn't collect your bonus licenses back then, you can still do by contacting support@cineform.com, support will work out who you need to contact regarding cameras (we don't have any at the CineForm office.)

Simon Zimmer January 18th, 2012 09:47 PM

Congrats CineForm!

Very cool!

Simon

James Park January 19th, 2012 01:39 AM

OK.. installed it. I'm sold. Everything looks great. I like the new cleaner consolidated more responsive interface in Cineform Studio. This is much better than the separate FirstLight and HDLink interface. I still need HDLink though because there is no capture utility in Studio. I remember reading an older post that you guys wanted to phase it out and have either Blackmagic or Aja support it natively. I haven't heard or seen anything on their end so far, so I hope you guys keep HDLink around (regardless how ugly it looks) until they get a solution... If you guys decide to integrate capture feature here or within NLE support or just keep as is and change the look then that be great too.

As far as reverting back to old projects (from Neo 5.5.2), they open in Premiere only under "Desktop Mode". I can playback and scrub the timeline and everything seems normal. CF dissolves, transitions all seem to work fine as well. But am I missing something? Is there anything different underneath the hood without the CF preset? (i.e. CPU optimization, utilization, etc...)

I notice I got the yellow render lines again which I havent seen in a while but I know that's just cosmetic and not an issue. Overall, this is nice improvement. To keep my copy current at $49 and get the good ol support, that's a no brainer...

Gerald Webb January 19th, 2012 03:19 AM

Just thinking, regarding capture of HDV,
Is there any difference in capturing in Vegas, then converting to Cineform from the Vegas timeline.
as opposed to,
Capturing and converting with HD Link since HD link captures an M2T file first then converts it to Cineform?
Is there a quality difference?
Or is it just a time saver since the capture and convert is automated?

Dmitry Kitsov January 19th, 2012 01:16 PM

I do not seem to be able to use Tangent Wave any longer. Is it an issue on my side or was the support dropped?
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1710217)
Yes there is real benefit.

Visual conversions, instead of running blind in HDLink and Remaster.
Trimming (set in and out points) before conversion.
Audio playback while editing Active Metadata.
Much easier access and controls over Vectorscopes, Waveforms and histograms.
Integrated MP4 for web exports.
Better overall stability.

Yes, Vegas issues are solved.

Taky Cheung January 19th, 2012 01:28 PM

Is the $49 upgrade only available as a promotional period? I am in a middle of a big project so I don't want to mess with my current Neo install.

David Newman January 19th, 2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitry Kitsov (Post 1710359)
I do not seem to be able to use Tangent Wave any longer. Is it an issue on my side or was the support dropped?

Tangent wave has not been ported (it scheduling allows with will be,) but it should still work under First Light.

David Newman January 19th, 2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1710363)
Is the $49 upgrade only available as a promotional period? I am in a middle of a big project so I don't want to mess with my current Neo install.

It is planned to be for sometime, so please complete your project first.

Hans Nyberg January 20th, 2012 11:26 AM

How do you turn on "NLE Sync" in CF Studio Premium?

David Newman January 20th, 2012 12:12 PM

NLE Sync is still coming for Premium (working in house I understand.)

David Wayne Groves January 21st, 2012 11:01 AM

Purchased and Downloaded the upgrade yesterday, still waiting for my Serial number to be Emailed...

Bob Hart January 21st, 2012 12:05 PM

David and others.

Does this new studio do 3D under Premiere CS5.3 or is there another separate Cineform product I need to chase for this? I am on Neo presently.

Also, is there a method for separating a muxed ?? 3D SI3D recording sourced from a 1-Beyond recorder into two separate streams, or can the muxed frames be played back and rendered/exported as a side-by-side with no frame edge showing in between.

I want to do a bit of 4K ( probably closer to 3.5K ) trickery cheatery and set two cams up in panorama, recording in sync and to stitch the L and R frames in a sort of cinemascope in a 4096 x 1152 or thereabouts project to try and get some top-to-bottom pixels back in a cinemascope style project.

Yeah I know, parallax and all that but fixing that is for later and I might only want the higher apparent resolution for detailed wide shots anyway and use conventional 2K cropped for normal pretend cinemascope.

Any hints by other users on how to feather the adjacent frame edges of stitched frames without all remaining frame edges being also feathered would be much appreciated.

David Wayne Groves January 22nd, 2012 09:30 AM

Did everyone get their license Emailed to them in a quick manner, I have yet to receive the license Email and its going on 2 days....

Jake Segraves January 22nd, 2012 12:54 PM

If you didn't include your existing serial number in the order/customer notes, then the upgrade has to be manually processed. This appears to have been the case with your order. I just processed it for you so you should have gotten your serial number by now. If not, contact support.