Cineform and CS 6 Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Major Player

Cineform and CS 6 Issue

Gents:

I have both Neoscene 5.6.2 installed and a trial version of Studio Professional.

Recently upgraded to CS 6.0 and found 2 major problems with the above.

I refer to the main program console and not Firstlight ( Cineform files only) or HD Link.

1) I own multiple Canon A1 and A1s HDV cams whose output/format is MPEG-2 which yields .files with the .m2t extension.

At present, in my case, although you can see the files in their original folders when attempting to import new files, when you select open nothing happens. Nothing is displayed in the main Go Pro Cineform Studio window!

2) As an editor, I heavily rely on Cineforms video filters which can be found in the Efx panel in Premiere Pro. Examples include the color corrector.

Until CS 5.5, in my experience they worked perfectly however in CS 6.0 they fail to do anything. It's very easy, quick and convenient to color correct a clip while its right on the timeline. Takes a few seconds. I utilize this resource often.

I mystified if its just me and what others experience has been.

Can you use Cineforms editing tools as intended in Premiere Pro 6?

Any ideas on how to rescue my situation?

Any input, suggestions and input welcome.

Thanks.
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Cineform and CS 6 Issue

I have a similar issue. When I apply some CF filters, such as Color Corrector 32-bit and Color Balance 32-bit to CF AVIs in CS6 the output goes black and the timeline goes red. Rendering the clip (pressing Enter) renders with no changes. Levels 32-bit seems to behave, but no realtime playback as in CS5.5.

R. Needham
Richard Needham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

According to Cineform tech support,

"Known issue. We need to re-write the parallax and color correction plugins for CS6."
David M. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Actually I think it fair to say that Cineform 3D on CS6 is a complete mess particularly with the latest 6.0.3.
There are numerous bugs with page flipping which just about makes it useless on CS6.
Trevor Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Can you be specific about the problems you are having? On Mac Premiere 6.0.1, we have the following issues:

1- CF Plug-ins are useless

2 - Muxed (3D) CF Footage in the timeline does not always follow the 3D mode set by the CF Codecstatus toolbar control. The workaround is to set the control before opening the project. To change 3D modes (for example - to change from Left to Right, to render out the other eye view) you have to close the project, change modes, then re-open the project.

3 - Leaving GoProStudio Pro open simultaneously with Premiere and manipulating clips in GoProStudio that are in the Premiere timeline - causes Premiere to eventually crash (Serious Error - must restart message). If you MUST do this, save early and often.

These are biggys. It's FAR less convenient to use CF and Premiere together for stereoscopic workflow than it was in the CS5 + Neo3D days.
David M. Cole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase