Cineform and Premiere Pro 2.0 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #31
Major Player

well shutmymouth. There wasn't a specific "when is the release date" FAQ, so I didn't get past my primary point of interest (compatibility with PPro 1.5.1--FAQ #1). I didn't get to the upgrade FAQs because, well, I'm not upgrading.... ;)

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out...
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #32
Major Player

So, if I am getting this right:
PPro 1.5 had a free plug-in from Cineform that gave you some acceleration and allowed you to use m2t files in a OK way, making a say 3ghz p4 workable.

PPro 2.0 does not have any Cineform plug-in, needs a very supercharged computer to play even 1 HDV video layer at normal speed and what does it do when it composites?

So now, instead of buying PPro 1.5 and being able to do at least real-time basic editing on my 3.2 ghz laptop with the free CFHD plug-in, I have to get PPRo 2.0, a new powerful desktop and pay an extra $500.00 for the full version of Aspect? (No offense David, I'm just trying to build up a little more business before I buy your software.) Is this about right?
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #33
Regular Crew

just saw it tonight

I just saw the Adobe showcase at BAVC in SF tonight and I have to say the new integration is pretty sweet. A new feature that allows you to export video in a PDF file that allows for comments from others anywhere that have adobe reader was very impressive.

Adobe audtion is now integrated with a menu option that automatically opens any audio clip from premiere in audition and all changes are automatically applied (works better the old "edit orignal").

No mention of cineform was made however, so I would like to get clear on what to expect in that area soon.
Old January 18th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #34
Major Player

I could not pass up the upgrade, excited to finally have multicam editing, so I am downloading the upgrade as I write, I will post my Cineform /PPro 2 opinion after Friday:)

MIke
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Yes the multicam with the "punch in" editing option is very nice. But it did not run in real time in the demo I saw which was on a dual 2.8 system. But the presenter said if he had 2GB of ram on the system it would have been. I'm not sure however it was pretty jerky.
Still if you used the multicam plugin before then the integration in prem pro 2 looks like a must have.
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #36
Major Player

yep the multicam is not realtime, I have a new dual core 2.8 system 1 gig of ram, it still does the conforming thingy although they say not as much, but I imported an old project and it had to conform the whole works again, I personally don't nee the realtime on viewing the 4 windows I have to scrub slowly anyway to see what I want, but I will tell you that avids multicam is alot smoother, spent time with a friend of mine with a dual g5 mac and on final cut it still could not do realtime either, wonder if cineform will be able to do it? David? want to give it a try? I will keep updating as I go. The download is 1 GB by the way.

Mike
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #37
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Stewart
yep the multicam is not realtime, I have a new dual core 2.8 system 1 gig of ram...
...wonder if cineform will be able to do it? David?
Mike
Michael and Jeff, what kind of video were you seeing that performed poorly in multi-cam? Was it DV, HDV, Cineform AVI, or something else? With, or without a Cineform product? Yes, will definitely look forward to Cineform comments on what to expect for overall performance, as well as multi-cam performance under PPro 2.0 / Aspect 4.0.

I looked on the Adobe site and couldn't find an option for either trial or purchase by download (yet) for the Production Suite. Where did you find that (even though I'm old fashioned enough to want the boxed, paper-manual product for a large suite like this).
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #38
Major Player

standard dv widescreen footage, on my Premiere pro 2 system and the friend of mines, dual g5, it also had to do a conform type of thing for it also before I could do it (multicam) in pro 2, I imagine that it will still be sluggish as great as cineform is, simply because the bit rates are the same? anyway, Avid is pretty cool in that it can have multiple resolutions on the same timeline.

Mike
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #39
Major Player

To make a statement about the "presenter" if it could have ran in realtime with more RAM, why did he not have it, he must have skipped that in his training, run the beefiest system so everything runs smooth as silk so it looks great at exhibits. The funny thing is that I could take premiere pro1.5, shrink the 4 videos to fit in the window and get better performance than what I have seen in PPro 2.0, not complaining, but logically I would not think it would be worse, I don't need the realtime "smooth scrubbing anyway" it just seems initially that more render before using is taking place than before, each version gets worse, it used to be conformed audio, now other items seem to require it before use, audio for instance I noticed in some instances you could not hear it until it reached that particular track and completely conformed it, used to be if you double clicked it and played it in the monitor window it would focus the conform to that clip because you were working on it, gave it priority in a sense, or in the timeline I could still play it back while it was conforming, does not seem to be the case, why cant it capture it on the fly from the tape and convert it anyway, or let us edit the darn thing and then conform it, I hate the fact that all old projects have to completely reconform and rerender the stuff, now keep in mind these were observations after 30 minutes of use, only wanting to do/try the multicam.

Mike
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Video at the presentation was HD footage imported thru AJA card I think (Does AJA work with pc?). So it was uncompressed on the timeline but I think it gracefully degraded during previews and then started stuttering. This was with 4 mulitcam windows open.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 02:59 AM   #41
Major Player

Adobe lists the requirements of PPro 2.0 as being an SSE2 enabled processor for AMDs.

How do I know if my dual core AMD 4400+ is SSE2 enabled?
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 03:27 AM   #42
Trustee

Google it!

For example see this link: http://shop.resellerratings.com/PD-2...19/vk-25208512

Or, if you want to interrogate your own system, run the lite version of SiSoft Sandra available at www.sisoftware.net and select the "CPU/Bios Information" module.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase