New Cineform Builds? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Major Player

New Cineform Builds?

Hi David and other Cineformers,

I notice on cineform.blogspot.com that David recently posted that there have recently been two "minor updates" for AspectHD 3.4, and that it is now on build 45. Is it possible to:
1. Find out when new updates are released (maybe an email to registered users?)
2. Find out what new features/bug fixes have been introduced in the new builds?

I'd like to know if I need build 45 for any reason, and I'd like to know that if I'm struggling with some problem, if the problem has been fixed in a recent build (e.g., the green screen background with small jpeg images, etc).

Thanks in advance for any info that can be provided, and for any process change that allows us faithful customers to get notified of any improvements as fast as possible,

Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Hi Bill,

The changes affected so few people we don't do announcements for small changes -- if had to formalize each release we might not do so many (i.e. we might turn into a Adobe where we fix bugs/add features only every 12 to 18 months.) ;) If there is any errors we do encourage using the support ticket system -- that way the bug gets filed in our database and fixed sooner. Build 45 was done based on the bug you found; yes it corrects for the green background on small JPEG etc.
Old January 14th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Major Player

David, how about Prospect updates? I keep seeing updates for Aspect, but have not seen a Prospect update for a long time. You said to look at the web, and I do. But, no where, that I see, do I see it say what version it is at. Would be nice to have this for all the products.

Thanks

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Dave,

We working on a slight bigger update to Prospect HD. If you email me Monday I'll get you a beta version. We are holding off on a official full release until we have the new AJA Xena LH cards integrated (which will not greatly impact your Prospect HD Edit software -- more an Ingest issue.)
Old January 14th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks David, I will

dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi David,

Yes it's not an easy subject.
We also struggled with the same situation in our company between posting every little change or only every 6 months.
We have great success with our users by splitting them up in 3 catagories:
- Official Release every 6-8 months.
- Public beta every month (which is tested by a core group of betatesters).
- FTP site with daily beta releases. This link we provide only to the core beta testers world-wide. Every day approx. about 20-30 users have tested the last version when we come back to the office in the morning. With the time-zones it comes in very handly.
We give the core-betatesters their own private forum, so they can discuss and post bugs/workarounds when we are sleeping :-)

It turns out after a mailing surveil, that most of our customers use the Public beta versions right away for their productions. Since they feel confident that it is already stable and tested by a core group everyday.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I wasn't aware of this. I currently have build 43. Should I update in the normal way? Are the procedures the same for build number releases?
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Alan,
Yes, simply go through the normal update procedure.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase