Steven Gotz ....AE 7.0 tryout crashes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 29th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Steven Gotz ....AE 7.0 tryout crashes

Noticed that AE 7.0 crashes when Aspect HD is installed (latest version) uninstalled it and it works fine, reinstalled and it crashes. I imagine you have had no problems with the full version Steven?

Thanks
Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You should try remove the CFHDIO.aex module from the AE plug-ins to see if that is the issue. It might be that the tryout doesn't allow this type of plug-in.
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks David, got it figured out, my other question is when I import a cineform project, it comes up as HDV/DVCPRO HD project, no presets for Cineform, is that normal? Imports fine, shows the file as a cineform file, but the project is not right. Purchased a serial from Adobe so now it is the full version I am working with.

Thanks
Mike
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD only have an exporter within After Effects (Prospect HD has an importer and exporter.) So whatever you are seeing is likely all Adobe. You could still follow up with support. Sorry I can't investigate as I'm out of town starting tomorrow.
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #5
Major Player

Are you saying there is no importer for Cineform? is it just a matter of a preset? it appears to come in fine, and scrubbs fine. In 1.5 I could bring it in and it showed as a cineform preset. Are you saying we cannot natively import into AE 7.0, even when I just import a Cineform file and drop it onto the icon to make a project it still comes up as HDV DVCPro HD

Thanks
Mike
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

?? Not saying any of that. After Effects doesn't work that way. If you load CineForm AVI in AE that is a native CineForm clip. You don't need an importer as AE uses the VfW CineForm codec, no presets are needed. The "HDV/DVCPRO HD" nonesence is just telling you that the aspect ratio is 1.33:1. It should all work beautifully. Even export does really need the custom exporter any more as Vfw Codec has been enhanced to support the quality controls. But as my hours are REALLY numbered, please discuss this with tech support.
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks David

Mike
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:45 PM   #8
Trustee

I am late to the party, sorry. But yes, my system works great. Besides, you don't need me when you have David around.

Except I seem to be having scene detect problems with HDLInk. That is why I am on the forum at the moment, to see if anyone else is as well.
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:14 PM   #9
Major Player

David said he would be gone for awhile, so I started directing the questions to current knowledgable users of PPro2 and AE 7, hence..... you:)

PS, what is your DVD recipe for exporting using PPro2 and AE7? any tips?

Thanks
Mike
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:23 PM   #10
Trustee

I have not actually been forced to write to DVD using 2.0 yet. I sell HDV to my customers (using AVeL Linkplayer2), and the only people who get SD from me are a few family members.

But I have had better luck deinterlacing every clip on the sequence, then simply exporting to MPEG2-DVD right in the Adobe Media Encoder with a 7Mbps data rate (CBR) and a quality setting of between 3.5 and 4. It always looks good to me, so I don't mess with it. I avoid VBR unless I try to go past one hour of video.
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:30 PM   #11
Major Player

Steve have you tried or can you try exporting a small segment from AE7 using a PPro project, mine comes up with a wierd aspect ration when I do it. When you get a chance.

Thanks
Mike
Old January 31st, 2006, 03:22 PM   #12
Trustee

OK. I am writing a DVD from a Cineform project in Premiere Pro 2.0 - the program detected that I wanted a high quality 7Mbps 16:9 DVD. So we'll see if it gets it right.

Then I will try the same thing from an Adobe HDV project and see if it is OK.

And then try the same thing in After Effects 7. Except that I will just write to a MPEG2.

Is that what you mean? Or did you want to export to something else?
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:02 PM   #13
Major Player

Perfect Steve, and if you could try exporting to a Cineform file (HDV or SD) to see if you get any pops or ticks, I noticed when I exported from AE (Cinform file same to SD) (after importing a PPRO2 project, that my aspect ratio was funky after bringing it back in Premiere, appreciate you doing this, not a whole lot out there with our same setups to check with.

Thanks again
Mike
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I am late to the party, sorry. But yes, my system works great. Besides, you don't need me when you have David around.

Except I seem to be having scene detect problems with HDLInk. That is why I am on the forum at the moment, to see if anyone else is as well.
Just with Aspect HD 4 HDLink or is it the same version as in 3.4?
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #15
Trustee

I don't really know. I just know that I am having a problem. Did HDLink change? I have no clue. I just assume it did.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase