Audio pops and crackles? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Audio pops and crackles?

I notice that when I export a file as one large cineform file (same as project settings, 1080i in 1080i out) or exporting SD file in CFHD format, anytime I use the Cineform codec I get snaps and pops, can anyone try a clip with some audio to see if it happens to you, a 5min clip ought to show whether it is happening or not, would appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Michael, I can probably try this tommorow if you can wait till then, or if someone else hasn't already.
www.stock20.com
Daniel Rudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Daniel

Mike
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yesterday I rendered a 20min AHD 1080i project (for safetypurposes if ppro crashes again) to CineformAvi 1080i, PAL576i and today finally finalized to SD DVD. Timeline is mixed with wav and mp3, so far no audioproblems...

alex
Alex Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Alex, are you using PPro 2.0?

Thanks
Mike
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:43 AM   #6
Regular Crew

the prmium box is here, but we have a weekly show until march and I´m not courageously enough to upgrade now, so I´m still on ppro 1.51

alex
Alex Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:11 AM   #7
Trustee

Alex, good thinking if your in the middle of a paying project.

Michael, I don't have PPro 2.0, but I do know that snaps and pops can be a premiere issue, in which case I rendered our a mixed down audio clip of the entire timeline. Placed that back into a new audio track, turning off the audio in individual tracks. Try that.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:30 AM   #8
Major Player

Thanks peter I'll try that, thought it might be an mp3 problem, exported to wave, double clicked on it to listen to it, sounmds perfect, when I export it with the cfhd file ,get small clicks etc. every so often.

Thanks
mike
Old February 2nd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #9
AJA Video Systems

Audio Clicks

Michael,

This has been an issue in Premiere since Pro 1.0. I think it just has to do with the way two samples in Premiere are mixed. The same problem occurs in non CineForm files. Essentially what this means is that you should see this issue regardless of what format you export. The fix is to look at that segment in the timeline and make sure that you dont have the audio overlapping. If you do, and you absolutely must have the audio overlapping Try using the Premiere audio mixer to record a new track and the remove the old tracks.

Also, one important thing to note: When you are working in a CineForm project, essentially all the audio is being handled by Premiere.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM   #10
Major Player

Thanks Thad, it is one audio source, I will try the same audio source with a non Cineform clip and report back later, thanks for the response. I tried mp3 and wave files still get it for some reason.

Mike
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi, do you have any audio filter mixed with audio transitions on the timeline?
I get this problem it I use a filter like compression or noise reduction in combination with an audio cross disolve for instance. I have to choose the audio clip and go Menu Clip Audio Options Render and Replace. This fixes it for me.

If you are not using any filters you might try the audio render and replace anyway to see if it helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase