Does PPro2 Multicam work with AspectHD 4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Does PPro2 Multicam work with AspectHD 4?

Does PPro2 Multicam work with Aspect HD 4?

Have both installed, working great until you try Multicam.

Everything works normally on Multicam until you actually press PLAY in the multicam window. After rendering, the timeline will go to the end and sit in black. You can scrub the multicam window time bar and watch multicam, but you can't actually do the cuts.

It works just fine in DV mode and in native HDV mode. Just not with AspectHD 4.

Any ideas?

thanks
Stacy Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Any ideas from anyone? Submitted a ticket a while ago but haven't heard back from Cineform....

Thanks
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:55 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I'm not back at the office yet, so I can't check on your ticket, however multicam is supported in Aspect 4 under PPro2. It will be on my list of items to check into.
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi David.... welcome back.

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

Stacy
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Rothwell
Any update on this issue?
Hi Stacy (and others),

Good news. Multicam support is fixed in Aspect HD v4.02 Build 54 which we just posted. It turns out multicam was working properly for 720p material, but not for 1080i. You should now be in good shape. You can pick up the update on our website.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - sorry for the headache....

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

David,

The update works and multicam functions.

However, I have a question..... If I have two cameras and set up Multicam, how many streams is PPro/Cineform actually processing? Is it two or three?

The reason I ask is that Multicam stutters something fierce when using cineform. When you make the cuts, it actually leaves little gaps between videos on the timeline.

I have verified that I can easily process two real time Cineform files by putting two of them on a timeline and setting the transparency to 50% on the top layer than playing them back. No stuttering, no nothing. Just plays.

Multicam doesn't work for me at all, in terms of stuttering. If I use standard m2t files with PPro's built-in HDV support, I don't get any stuttering on 4 streams.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Multicam is not accelerated, just supported. Premiere is actually doing most of work. We might accelerate it is there is enough interest. As for the gaps, that is all Premiere as we don't modify the edit list.
Old March 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #8
Regular Crew

David,

Consider me interested!

JayH
Jay Handleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Multicam is not accelerated, just supported. Premiere is actually doing most of work. We might accelerate it is there is enough interest. As for the gaps, that is all Premiere as we don't modify the edit list.
David not sure if you did a test in your lab to see what was happening or took someone's word on it, I tested the latest version and found the same thing. With a 4 clip sequence, (3 HDV streams and 1 SD stream) I cut the cams and found the 1 frame gaps in the final cut. Premier is not doing this in it's other editing modes including the HDV preset which if memory serves me, comes from Cineform or am I wrong on that? To me something has to be going on in the interaction between Aspect and Premier 2.0, it can't be all Premier's fault or it would show up in the other presets.

Either way I posted a screen shot of my current timeline with this error shown, it's JPG so you should be able to download it and zoom in on the timeline and see the error.

http://www2.dj-miguel.com:8080/sp-pi...ER%20ERROR.JPG

Miguel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase