PPro 1.5 and 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Major Player

PPro 1.5 and 2.0

David,

Hello again. I would like to know how to use (even if it is possible) AspectHD in both versions of Premiere Pro (1.5.1 and 2). I am having difficulties to using it in 1.5.1 since I instaled the 2.0 version: when I open 1.5.1 and indicate new project, an error messaje shows up ([\dev\CaptainDoby\MediaLayer\Src\Recorder\ManualRecorderFactory.cpp-62]) and the software closes immediately. Also, the splash window shows version 3.4 if I open projects created using 1.5.1.

Version 2.0 has great features that I use, but to be honest, for the daily editing tasks, I really prefere 1.5.1 200%.

Thanks,

Luis
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:09 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes you can run both 1.5.1 and 2.0 with Aspect HD on the same PC. If you installed Aspect HD after PPro 2.0 it will go to the PPro 2.0 directory, otherwise your Aspect HD files will be in the 1.5.1 directory. Find both your PPro plugins folders,

samples :
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Plug-ins

and copy the ..\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm folder from one into the other. Now Aspect HD will work in both.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Major Player

David,

I followed your instructions (also opened a ticket at Cineform), however, I still receive the same error message whenever I try to create a NEW project. If I open an already created project, it works fine...! Cineform support told me that there is an article in the knowledgebase area, but I cannot find it. Would you please provide the URL? This is troublesome since it only started to happen when AspectHD 4.0 was installed and I have no clu as to how to fix the problem that prevent me from creating new projects in PP 1.5.1

Thanks,

Luis
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:45 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Unfortunately the Knowledge base is not URL linkable (we also complain about this -- and required that feature.)

As that error is an Adobe one (did look closely before) you might have to ask them. I regular run either 1.5.1 or 2.0 with no issues, so it can be done.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Major Player

David,

Thanks for your prompt response! If I'd do the search in the knowledgebase, what word(s) you suggest to use in order to find the article?

Thanks,

Luis
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:46 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Search on "install", it is item 7.
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Major Player

Got it! Thanks.

The process takes longer time than I expected, but worth it. I just received the error message one after completed the procedure, but for the most part is working in a stable way.

Thaks,

Luis
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 1.5 and 2.0 with Prospect

Hi David,

Is this process the same with Prospect? Just wondering if when I upgrade from Premiere Pro 1.5 to 2.0 and After Effects 6.5 to 7.0, will I need to completely unistall Prospect, or can I copy the "..\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm" into Premiere Pro 2.0 and After Effects 7.0 Plug-ins folders?

Thanks,

Geoff Murillo
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You must install to have Premiere Pro 2.0 function correctly with Aspect HD or Prospect HD. Once 2.0 is running correctly the plug-ins can be moved into the 1.5 folder (but not the other way around.) 2.0 requires some additional components, that is why a full install is required.
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Thanks.

-Geoff
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #11
Trustee

I tried this method to get Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to work along side a working Premiere Pro 2.0 install. Should I be seeing the Cineform choices at the project start page? Or do I need to configure Premiere 1.5 to use Cineform by starting a custom preset?

Thanks!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #12
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No the presets do not install with this method. However, it is simple to create you own.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase