Color Corection Changing when played at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Color Corection Changing when played

I have PP 1.5.1 and Aspect HD. When I put the Color Correction AHD on a clip and then adjust it to just how I like it and then hit play It changes color. It's usually darker. What is causing this to happen? I can't use the CC while the clip is playing and it's becoming very aggravating. Thanks for all input.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This question happen once a month. You have an NVidia graphic card, they are incorrectly calibrated from professional video. To calibrate your NVidia card is the read me file included with Aspect HD, it will tell you some settings for you NVidia card.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Didn't help it still changes color. It made it brighter, but that's it. And when I chose overlay vmr it locks me out of the gamma settings. It's a FX540 card. Thanks for the quick response.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Trustee

Interesting ... I had the same problem 2 months ago and the advice in the Cineform readme worked fine back then. But when I checked just now I find the overlay gamma is locked on my machine as well - I wonder if Nvidia has changed things with their latest drivers?

Overlay gamma is still adjustable however ... change from standard mode to advanced mode on that same page, and then tweak the line on the X-Y graphic. Doing it that way doesnt give a gamma value as a readout however...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Jerry,

Just tweak the settings until they match, as it is an NVidia calibration issue (other cards don't have this issue.) Do install the lastest NVidia drivers. Your color issue maybe that NVidia defaults saturation to 114%, that also needs to be changed to 100%. Note: FX540 can be calibrated to match.
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling
Interesting ... I had the same problem 2 months ago and the advice in the Cineform readme worked fine back then. But when I checked just now I find the overlay gamma is locked on my machine as well - I wonder if Nvidia has changed things with their latest drivers?

Overlay gamma is still adjustable however ... change from standard mode to advanced mode on that same page, and then tweak the line on the X-Y graphic. Doing it that way doesnt give a gamma value as a readout however...
I tried the advanced mode to change gamma, but I can't get decent results at all.

I wonder if Cineform could update their solution?
Wayne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #7
Major Player

Has CineForm looked into this any further? I just set up my new system with a PNY 1500 card and it's doing the same thing, just not as bad after I went through the read me files. Running PP2 and Aspect 4.1. BTW the new box with aspect is a Pentium D 850 with 2 gigs of DDR2 800 front side Ram and IT FRIGINNNNN FLYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase