Sound issues with Cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 14th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #1
New Boot

Sound issues with Cineform

Hello.
I'm new on this forum, since it looks like there are some lively Cineform discussions going on here.

Now, my first problem was some "wobbly low-end sound distortions" in the capture with the 4.0.2 but it seems as if it's fixed with 4.0.3. But what I'm dealing with now, is the synchronisation of the sound. (It also was a problem in the 4.0.2. When I'm logging clips and doing batch capture, the sound is usually NOT in synch. The problem doesn't occur as frequently when I do on-the-fly capture, but this problem is most annoying. Does anybody have an explanation for this problem.

Best regards.
Enginn Heima

P.S. Windows Xp SP2, Asus p4c800 deluxe with p4 2.6ghz and 2gb RAM and a dedicated S-ATA media drive. Pyro firewire capture card and Canon XL H1 as a deck. Rushes shot in 25F mode of the same camera.
Enginn Heima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There isn't like to be sync issue as video and audio signals are clocked together. You can verify the sync with the waveform within Premiere. Your CPU is likely the issue, as 2.6 Mhz is below the minimum spec. It might simply be dropping video frames during playback, cause the playback audio shift.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #3
New Boot

Hello David.

You're everywhere!

Well, I've checked the waveforms, and it doesnt match. For sure, the synchro problem is due to the capture and it is not due to a slow processing during playback...

Regards.
Enginn Heima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Then is must be your PC is dropping frame on capture. This is why we have minimum system specs as weirdness can occur on slower PCs. To work around a slow PC, you will have to capture with HDLink and auto-convert turned off. The convert the M2T data once the capture has completed.
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #5
New Boot

I had the same audio sync problem a couple weeks ago. In capture preferences make sure that Maintain Audio Pitch is turned off. I will knock you audio out of sync even though the rate change box is set to no change. I had to recapture 10 hours of footage because of this bug.
Bobby Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #6
New Boot

Thank you Bobby, but the problem remains. One out of three batch captures are out of synch. But when I capture on-the-fly, no problem. Solution: no more logging and batch capturing... It's slowing down my process that I can't log and batch capture, but I live with it.

Regards,
Enginn Heima
Enginn Heima is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase