Recorder Captured No Frames at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Recorder Captured No Frames

I'm unable to capture from HC-1 with Aspect. I tried it with PPro 1.5.1 Project is set to 1440x1080i. It looks like it is capturing, I get the "previewing on camera" message in the preview window. Above the preview window it says "Capturing "Clip 01.avi. Press Esc to stop recording. Capture duration (time code running normally). remaining disk space 252.82gigabytes (sampling)." At the bottom of the Adobe Capture window - just below the preview monitor window that has the "preview on Camera" message are several time indicators. the left most time code indicator moves along - matched to camera's. Neither of the 2 middletime indicators move from 00:00:00:00. The far right one goes to 00:00:00:01 and that is it. I then tried HDLink and as soon as I start capture, it stops, ie camera goes into play and then stops.

I can capture just fine into Vegas 6 without hdlink - ie just using Vegas 6. Any idea what the problem is? Thank you - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Try capture with HDLink to M2T only, if that work, that is seem like something didn't install correctly. Uninstall Aspect HD, and download the lastest version, Aspect HD 4.1 and try again. If you still have capture issues, file a trouble ticket with http://www.cineform.com/support. You can file a ticket where you are a paid up customer or not.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks David. I just tried capture to M2t only with HDlink and that works fine. However, when I try to convert after capture, it just seems to hang wit the little box to the left of the name of the clip displaying 2 blue arrows going around. The clip was 1 min long and it's been like this for 15minutes. My computer is a AMD X2 4200 w 2 gig of ram - I think that's enough horsepower to do this, isn't it? Maybe I need to try the reinstall:(
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:53 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, sounds like you don't have a working CineForm encoder installed. Please re-install your CineForm software.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:14 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi David, I reinstalled my Aspect and I decided to start out with trying HDlink. It now captures, but after about the 1st 2 clips, every clip there after has vertical black and white lines dancing across the screen, then the motion stops but sound keeps going on. I am now trying capture without converting. All of the M2t files from capture play fine as mpeg's.

Now I'm using the convert mode to convert to the cineform format.
I keep getting the same error in the log:
error: m_deviceMK->BindToObject(0,0 IID_IBaseFilter, (void**)&device) (0x800004005 - Unspecified error) in (C:\Brisco\Apps\Capture\VideoCaptureDevice. cpp at 205)

This happens on maybe 1/4 of the clips. I had some bad tape with lots of drop outs. Is this what is causing this, or is it something else? I have no idea how to interprret the error code above. Thanks again for your patience and help.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:27 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Seems like your FireWire card and or PC is not able to capture and conversion at the same time. Sometimes using a different FireWire port fixes this, or a faster PC. The error code tell us that your camera stopped sending valid MPEG data (more likely to be the FireWire card.) You should file a trouble ticket (www.cineform.com/support), that way your PC's characteristics and other details can help the professional support staff (i.e. not me) find the issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase