Status of Not having to use PPro 1.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Status of Not having to use PPro 1.5

David,

Do you have an update on the version of AspectHD that will not require us to have PPro 1.5 installed?

Thanks,

Stacy
Stacy Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you have 1.5.1 & 2.0 you don't have to keep the old version installed. Just more the HDV folder from 1.5.1 into 2.0, then uninstall 1.5.1.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I was trying to keep my new system as "Pristine" as possible.... Was trying to avoid installing 1.5 alltogether.

Any idea of how long until the version that doesn't need 1.5? I might just wait as I'm exporting anything at the moment.

Stacy
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No news yet.
Old August 27th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Regular Crew

David,

Not to keep beating this dead horse.....

Is there ANY way to create a M2T file after editing a cineform file in PPro 2 WITHOUT having to install PPro 1.51? -- Even if it involves some outside conversion utility.

Thanks,

Stacy
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes. You can use Adobe's M2T export features for 60i, 50i and 30p, the only issue is support for 24p exports. We had added 24p for the 1.5.1 MPEG Tools yet changes to PPro 2.0 broke that support, and we have been try to negoiate a business solution ever since. There has been some feet dragging by the third party involove who are reluctant to help us, but they has been progress.
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Yes. You can use Adobe's M2T export features for 60i, 50i and 30p, the only issue is support for 24p exports. We had added 24p for the 1.5.1 MPEG Tools yet changes to PPro 2.0 broke that support, and we have been try to negoiate a business solution ever since. There has been some feet dragging by the third party involove who are reluctant to help us, but they has been progress.
Perfect! I only use 60i.....

thanks!

Stacy
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
OK..... now I feel like an idiot.... HOW do I do this? I don't see anything in PP2 that talks about M2T export.
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Unfortunately PP2 doesn't have a direct "M2T" export, crazy that is doesn't, but it does have "export to tape". The work-around is to import your completed Aspect HD project into a Adobe HDV preset then do an export to tape -- once you're done, switch back to the Aspect HD preset.
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Unfortunately PP2 doesn't have a direct "M2T" export, crazy that is doesn't, but it does have "export to tape". The work-around is to import your completed Aspect HD project into a Adobe HDV preset then do an export to tape -- once you're done, switch back to the Aspect HD preset.
Wow what a pain.

OK it looks like I'm going to have to install PP1.51. Am I gonna need to install PP2 again afterwords to make sure everything is cool?

BTW.... what happens to customers to buy AspectHD and have never owned anything other than PP2? Are they just out of luck?

thanks for the help, David.
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Actually, it isn't much of a pain, only takes a few seconds to setup. The pain is having to have a deck attached to do the M2T export rather than creating a file.

M2T export is not important on many production as there are better/cheaper/faster ways to archive, and HDV is not a distribution format. All that said the licensing issue is being addressed so that we will be "allowed" to export HDV directly from 2.0 in the not to distant future.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase