DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   24p file does not play in real time (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/78695-24p-file-does-not-play-real-time.html)

Alex Raskin November 1st, 2006 07:56 PM

24p file does not play in real time

OK, probably something elementary, but I don't seem to have any progress for quite some time today. So here goes:

- I have a PPro 1.5.1 project with 23.978p (also tried 24p with the same result) base setting

- I'm importing a 24p Cineform Aspect HD-encoded file into that project, expecting it to play in real time in the timeline, just like my old 60i projects did.

- Red X is displayed at top left corner and no video is showing on timeline playback, however. Scrubbing through the footage shows the video just fine, and it does play in the small preview window in the project's bin.

- The 24p video I'm getting is a result of DVFilmmaker conversion. I tried 23.978 as well as 24p settings in DVFilmmaker but both result in the same failure of the real-time playback in PPro.

- ? Probably some simple omission - help? David?

David Newman November 1st, 2006 07:59 PM

What are the file properties as shown in Premiere?

Alex Raskin November 1st, 2006 08:19 PM

Properties as shown in Premiere say:

Type: AVI movie
File size: 72.2MB
Image Size: 1440x1080
Pixel depth: 24
Frame rate: 24.00
Source Audio: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo
Total duration: 6 sec
Average data rate: 11.1 MB/second
Pixel Aspect ratio: 1.333

Video track 1:
(...)
Depth is 24 bits
Compressor "CFHD", CineForm HD Codec V1.2

-------------------------------------------------

Seems like it's what was supposed to be there, oui?

Alex Raskin November 1st, 2006 08:24 PM

Could it be *data rate* ?

I noticed that clips with over 9MB/s data rate do not show in real time in this project, while the ones with data rate below it do play.

But I need this project to specifically edit clips deinterlaced/24p converted by DVFilmmaker.

How do I control datarate though?? I don't think DVFilmmaker has anything to this avail?

Also, I only have ONE track with no overlays/effects etc. Hmmm...

Alex Raskin November 1st, 2006 09:41 PM

Why does it say CFHD - isn't CFHD a different, not PPro-optimized codec?

Maybe that's the issue?

However, again, there is no choice of options in DVFilmmaker at the rendering stage except for the codec itself, and the codec is the same I use in all other programs without a hitch.

Or is it an issue with Aspect HD 3.1 with 24p???

Need help - under the deadline....

David Newman November 1st, 2006 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where did you find V1.2 codec? For VFW we are up to V2.7. Either the file is corrupt or you have an old component installed. Your properties panel should look like this :

Alex Raskin November 2nd, 2006 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
David, Aspect HD 3.1 produces codec v. 1.2 on the computers, and it's fine. (I did try your latest v2.7 codec with exactly the same result, just FYI.)

It works with all other programs except, apparently, for DVFilmmaker in 24p mode when that file does not play in RT in PPRo afterwards.

Also, see how in your screenshot it says Uncompressed - although it's AHD compressed? I get the same thing on the clips that DO play in real time.

The ones that do NOT play in RT in my 24p PPRo project show CFHD CineForm HD Codec V1.2 in properties.

What perplexes me is that both former and latter videos have been *encoded* with the same CineForm HD Codec V1.2 codec chosen.

Could it be that CineForm HD Codec V1.2 installs both AHD and CFHD codecs, and DVFilmmaker erroneously uses CFHD part? How do I fix that? Already past my deadline last night :(

Alex Raskin November 2nd, 2006 04:19 AM

David, in your example data rate as a number is 12 vs only 9 in mine, yet mine does not play in RT.

What does the graphic representation mean, though? Mine looks intensely red - is that a bad thing? :)

David Newman November 2nd, 2006 11:04 AM

My example was a 10-bit file, i.e. bigger. Can you email me a sample clip so I can see what is going on (use yousendit.com.)

Alex Raskin November 3rd, 2006 08:07 PM

David, one of your suggestions was to try and upgrade to Aspect HD version 3.4 (from the very old 3.1 I had), and I'm happy to report that it *worked* !

Thank you for your awesome support! (and for your fantastic product that just works!)