AspectHD faulty playback quirk? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Trustee

AspectHD faulty playback quirk?

Hey,
Just an odd tidbit that's been annoying the heck out of me as I've been editing--

it seems that sometimes when I press spacebar to start to playback my edited footage, it won't play. The "play" turns to the "stop" icon as it should, but nothing happens. I've learned to press the spacebar twice in rapid succession after that initial pause to get it to play, but this is very bothersome. Sometimes it won't play at all and I have to move the play line (i guess that's what one would call it?) over another clip in the timeline before it will play.

In addition, the audio jumps slightly a second or two into playback. "Go put that bu-bucket over there" type of jump. This happens every time. It's bothersome because when I'm editing the soundtrack I have to rewind the footage to a good distance before what I'm listening to so the jump doesn't occur on it.

Anyone else had these issues and can comment?
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Spacebar thing isn't normal, but it was an older fault so we will look it see if it is back for any reason. Audio startup varies from computer to computer, as Premiere is slaving audio to our video playback, when often it is the other way around.
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I very seldom get that sort of false-start playback (although I do get it). I tend to blame Premiere as one of the short list of flaky behaviours it regularly exhibits (for me).

I do get the audio glitch you're talking about on playback, every time. And yeah, it's sort of irritating, but I've gotten into the habit of just giving it a few seconds of run-up in order for both audio and video to settle down.
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Audio glitch

I get the same audio glitch, like someone above said, bu-bucket. It's every time, but I've learned to give it a bit of pre-roll and no prob. It would be a good bug fix though.

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #5
Major Player

Just updated to the new version and I'm observing the same lack of playback from the spacebar.
Richard Leadbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Major Player

I experienced the same. I solved it on my system to also remove the premiere presets and playback decoder while the unstaller asks a yes or no confirmation.
After removing it, and installing the latest build the problem was gone.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase