Cineform QT with Fusion 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform QT with Fusion 5

Hi, I downloaded your latest beta version of Prospect HD and tried out the QT codec in Fusion 5.
My preliminary observation was that 16 bit Cineform QT files rendered out from After effects did not decode properly when imported into Fusion 5.The display in Fusion 5 is that of Colored Noise with barely visible outlines showing through in areas of high luminance.
This is very similar to what is displayed in Combustion or even After effects before the Vb scripts used to adjust QT settings in these Apps are run.
Fusion 5 & D2's Nuke are basically the only professional/studio level node based Compositing packages available on the Windows platform (Shake doesn't run on win).
I know it will be strategic for cineform to develop support for this package either via QT settings mod. or even better- plugin support.
Learning Edition of Fusion 5 can be downloaded from http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWe...isterdemo.aspx

Hope to see Cineform & SI2k become an integral part of my studio's workflow.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As you have observed, all these tools need to be setup for deeper than 8-bit processing (QT defaults to 8-bit.) All we do is update the initization files for Combustion and After Effects. You can do this yourself, although I have now requested an evaluation copy of Digital Fusion so we can create a script for it.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Dave, I'll be watching out for the setting's update.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase