Cineform and After Effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform and After Effects

I'm having a problem here, when I export a file in Premiere 2.0 as AVI (cineform) and then import it in After Effects. A cineform watermark appears. How come?? There doesn't exist a cineform version specially for After Effects. What can I do?

Thx
Piet Deyaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please file a trouble ticket with www.cineform.com/support. You need to provide some information like which CineForm product are you using. A watermark often means you are using an unlicensed encoder.
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Another question regarding this in a way. Once I've installed the Aspect HD plug in, does it affect all the editing software on my PC, In other words will I be able to seamlessly transition with After Efffects, Premier Pro, Vegas e.t.c as I was able to do so with regular DV footage, And will After Effects and Vegas work faster because of the Aspect HD plug in?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just really struggling to make a switch to HD and it's confusing after so many years of the good old DVavi format, now there seems to be no intermediate but your Cineform which is fantastic and a lifesaver for all us simple folk out there :)
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

With Aspect HD you do get seamless support within most PC tools including Vegas and After Effects. We can't accelerate those tool as much as Premiere Pro, but we still make HD much more convenient to use.
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks David, I don't think HD is convenient at all and frankly quite unusable for some who can't afford high end computers and camcorders at the same time. Cineform is fatastic when it comes to that regard.
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase