DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Player (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/93212-neo-player.html)

Matthew Pugerude May 8th, 2007 03:29 PM

he hears the audio but he has no video. he is on XP

David Newman May 8th, 2007 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
from the start menu select "Run..."

And type

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm\CFDecode2.ax"

The is the only component used in Mediaplayer playback. So it is either missing or not registered. Could you please find out which.

When is registers with the above command you will get this response.

Matthew Pugerude May 8th, 2007 04:18 PM

Thanks David I will check on it

Matthew Pugerude May 8th, 2007 04:24 PM

What do I do next if it registars ok. By getting the pop up window

David Newman May 8th, 2007 04:40 PM

if registring the CFDecode2.ax worked and mediaplayer will still not play the file, that means user error or somehow mediaplayer is trashed.

Gerrit Schroder May 8th, 2007 10:13 PM

Similar Problem - Neo Player install trashed Vista Media Player

This is happening on a new install of the latest version of Vista Ultimate.

The initial install of Neo Player crushed the horizontal aspect of .avi playback and removed some colors. An uninstall left Media Player completely unable to play video.

This is my new editing machine, so it's a show-stopper.

How do I reinstall Media Player and start over again?

Thanks,

Gerrit

P.S.

I ran

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm\CFDecode2.ax"

The response was that CFDecode2.ax was loaded, but "the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005".

It looks as if Vista doesn't completely install Neo Player....

David Newman May 9th, 2007 09:48 AM

Gerrit,

NEO Player didn't break you MediaPlayer. I just installed and uninstalled NEO Player on Vista will no issue. NEO does install any component that directly interfaces or changes MediaPlayer. The decoders which MP will use are C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm\CFDecoder2.ax and C:\windows\system32\CFHD.* nothing else is added.

The DllRegisterServer error is stating you don't have premission to install that component, why some Vista systems do that and others do not is a worry. My feelings is that Vista is not ready for video production, yet we are working to make our components fully compatible.

Gerrit Schroder May 9th, 2007 11:23 AM

No, my Media Player isn't broken - it just won't play Cineform AVI codecs and it could do that before Neo Player.

I won't be able to use my new desktop editing machine with Vegas until this is resolved, unless I find another viewer than Media Player to use to preview during editing.

Guess I'll be on my XP laptop until then.

David Newman May 9th, 2007 11:32 AM

So we are talking user error? Why did you install a decoder when you already had one? Removing NEO Player will remove your decoder. Reinstall Vegas add you will get the old decoder. For some reason your Vista will not allow the installation of DirectShow components yet is work with VFW codecs.

Gerrit Schroder May 9th, 2007 11:46 AM

"User Error" isn't always the answer.

Vegas works fine on my desktop - it's Media Player 11 that's out of whack for Cineform codecs.

Of course I already had a Cineform codec. I installed Neo Player because I wanted the advanced playback features it offers. I'm now using Neo HD to capture (on my XP Laptop) and I wanted the completely compatible player on my editing machine.

I've also experimented with turning off Vista's security features, including "User Account Control", with no luck.

I'm sure this will be resolved at some point, so I'm not stressing.

David Newman May 10th, 2007 04:59 PM

To allow NEO Player to install on Vista, go into Users control panel and turn off the User Account Control. The UAC is preventing our DLL/AX files from registring with the system; a requirement for codec components. Vista paranoia strikes again.

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 08:25 PM

So is it not advisable to install the NEO player on a system with Aspect HD? I thought it would be slick to have a standalone player that accelerates the playback of your codec but it sounds as if it might cuase problems with the Aspect HD install. Is this right?

Thanks!

David Newman May 10th, 2007 09:08 PM

Yes, NEO Player will break your encoders as it is not licensed for that. "Player" really means decoder, you already have that. There is no playback tool other that what you already use.

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 09:16 PM

OK. I was expecting a cool little player that had some nice features that I could use in place of Media player.

However, this NEO player would be the right thing to install on a 2nd machine that does not have Aspect HD if I want to watch the files, right? Also, would I be able to import these files into a NLE and render them out as mpgs or wmv files? This way I could continue to edit on my main workstation with Aspect HD?

David Newman May 10th, 2007 09:24 PM

Now you get what makes NEO Player a cool addition.