DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Player (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/93212-neo-player.html)

Matthew Pugerude May 4th, 2007 10:46 AM

Neo Player

I have some confusion about the Neo Player. But first I would like to say that it works beautifully as a way for clients to playback the CFHD avi files in windows media.

• The confusion I am having is that it seems to be saying on the website that you can use it to edit with if you have multiple machines and that you only need one mdachine to encode with to get the CFHD Avi file.

From the Cineform web site
“ Premiere Pro and After Effects Importers. This means the product is fully-functional for doing real work on multiple workstations on which you don't need to render back into a CineForm file. Rendering to CineForm files requires an encoder license through our Aspect/Prospect or NEO products.”

Is this right? I loaded the Neo Player on another Machine and opened a Premiere Pro 2.0 project and it need to be rendered. I am using the Cineform HD Codec V3.0.3 in the preferences. What am I missing? If the video needs to be rendered it not a real positive way to work with the video.

The only thing that is one the Machine right now is the Neo Player. I used to have the trail version Aspect V4 (with some of the later builds but I am not sure which one where on there) on the machine. So I am thinking that there might be some thing lingering in the registry but I am not that confident in my software skills to go digging around in the registry.

David Newman May 4th, 2007 11:00 AM

Sorry I'm confused by your question, could you please restate it?

NEO Player is playback only, allowing others to view your CineForm media and even manipulate it in a range of tools, but without CineForm export and real-time processing options. It is pretty cool.

Peter Ferling May 4th, 2007 11:53 AM

David, I gotta ask, is there a Mac version in the works?

David Newman May 4th, 2007 12:00 PM

Of course. The Mac Beta today with have it encoding ability removed and that will become the NEO Player Mac.

Frank Pitsikalis May 4th, 2007 12:35 PM

David,

Is there a NEO Player equivalent for Aspect HD owners?

David Newman May 4th, 2007 12:41 PM

All our products use the same CineForm codec, some with higher end features, but otherwise the same. NEO Player is just a CineForm decoder installer, it work with all CineForm media whether that media is from NEO, Aspect or Prospect.

Peter Ferling May 4th, 2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 672855)
Of course...

We can't trip you up. You're always one step ahead!

Matthew Pugerude May 4th, 2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 672811)
Sorry I'm confused by your question, could you please restate it?

NEO Player is playback only, allowing others to view your CineForm media and even manipulate it in a range of tools, but without CineForm export and real-time processing options. It is pretty cool.

What tools can one use to manipulate the footage.

David Newman May 4th, 2007 07:09 PM

AFter Effects, Premiere Pro, Virtual Dub, Sony Vegas, Combution, Fusion, you name it. But remember it is decode only with no acceleration. It is ideal your sound guy, our an outside effects house that hasn't yet seen the benefit of encoding to CineForm. The point is content your create with CineForm is freely decodable to the widest range of potential users (including Mac apps very soon.)

Salah Baker May 4th, 2007 11:29 PM

Fusion dont see the look , but afx nails it.
PPRO2 dont

Matthew Pugerude May 5th, 2007 08:52 AM

Render

The footage in my PPRO 2 project need to be rendered (red line in timeline) is that the way it is or should it not have to be rendered?

David Newman May 5th, 2007 09:14 AM

Matthew, for the free decoder only components (from any vendor) that is the way it is with Premiere. So our free tools aren't a replacement for Aspect and Prospect, that would be a wrong more on the companies part. Yet, now all the media is usable by any one who wishes.

Matthew Pugerude May 5th, 2007 10:54 AM

Makes sense

David that makes complete sense. I thought it was strange that you guys would release a free product that at first reading seemed to replace Aspect/ Prospect for some one who did not need to output in the Cineform Codec. I now understand the workflow that you guys are trying to do for the people who use your Cineform Codec. You guys are truely one of the Software companies that actually listen to your users and I am sure I can say that we are all greatful that you do listen.

Matthew Pugerude May 8th, 2007 03:04 PM

Third party problem

Okay first of all I think this is operator error issue but I have to ask.

I have a third Party that has an SD CFHD avi file. I sent him the Neo Player exe. He says he installed it and still no go. Does the Neo Player have any system requirements?

I can not seem to find it on the website.

Help I have to call him tomorrow.

I have tried it on my wifes computer and it played flawlessly that is why I think this operator error.

David Newman May 8th, 2007 03:09 PM

Matthew, we do require Window XP -- Vista may work. Otherwise doing else is expected on the system.

What do "no go" mean? No video, does he here audio? Bad video? Slow playback? etc.