Cineform and Squeeze at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Trustee

Cineform and Squeeze

There were known problems getting Soreson Squeeze 4.3 to open Cineform avi files. But since then I've read several threads with posters saying the problem had been solved with an update to Squeeze.

Today I tried getting Squeeze 4.5.5.001 (PC version) to accept a Cineform avi encoded with Aspect 4.3.176 ... and still had no luck!

Can anyone confirm that this combination is working for them? Is anyone still having problems?

Last edited by Graham Hickling; May 11th, 2007 at 07:36 PM.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I spent many nights trying to determine what Sequeeze's problem is. It does seem to have a broken AVI importer, as other AVI types are not working well either with no scrubbing preview, although CineForm AVIs seem to have a worse time. Export to an MOV wrapped CineForm file works fine, so it is not CineForm compression, it is Sequeeze's handling of our AVIs. So either don't use a CineForm export format, or use Aspect HD v5 and export to a CineForm QuickTime which works fine in Sequeeze.
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Graham, you can also use the file conversion utility in AHD v5 (or NEO for that matter) which literally re-wraps CineForm AVI files to MOV files (or vice-versa) without touching the underlying compression. Because it's literally replacing the wrapper it's almost as fast as a file copy.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks guys - good to know its not just a quirk of my system.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #5
Trustee

Works perfectly with mov wrapper. I convert a 444 P2k clip and rendered out an mpeg2 DVD quality without issue, and I'm using SS 4.3 -no need to upgrade to 4.5 :)
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #6
Trustee

Yeah, I have to say though - I don't plan to start rendering out to movs. Aspect 4 is fine for all my other purposes.

I'll use the huffyuv codec and/or stick with Procoder.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase