Cineform Presets in Premiere Pro 2 missing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform Presets in Premiere Pro 2 missing?

I've got an issue with getting files made in NEO HD/ HD Link to work in Premiere. Footage is from a Sony Z1. I've used Connect HD in the past, then deactivated it since I was rebuilding my computer, then we were working in Vegas.

Basically, I've installed the demo version of NEO HD (and NEO PLAYER) and I'm trying to work with it. When I open Premiere there's no preset for the (1920x1080 30p film scan 1 square pixel) files that I've created, so I made a custom one. Still when I drag a file in, rendering is required, so obviously it's not a perfect custom preset. There appears to be no Cineform capture option built in, it's like Premiere Pro 2 can't see that the software is installed. Am I missing a plug-in, or what? I need a solution that will work across computers because I'm the DP and this needs to go to the director's computer.
Elliot Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You need Aspect HD or Prospect HD/2K for the functionality you are requesting. The NEO products are standalone tools that offer codec level support to a wide range of applicatons. Aspect / Prospect offers HD enchanced for Premiere Pro in particular, including preset, capture interfaces, timeline acceleration, real-time filters and transitions.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
New Boot

Were I to download Aspect/Prospect in a trial version would the Premiere Pro tools remain after the 15 day trial period, giving us time to do the movie, or would I need to purchase Prospect/Aspect to continue using the tools beyond the original 15 days?
Elliot Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Here is the page where all the trial downloads are available : http://www.cineform.com/products/Dow.../Downloads.htm

You would need to purchase after 15-days if you wish to continue using our software.
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #5
New Boot

Thank you very much.
Elliot Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase