ProspectHD in a Premiere desktop preset at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 25th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #1
New Boot

ProspectHD in a Premiere desktop preset

Hello.
I've upgraded from Aspect to Prospect right now, hoping to to have some quality gain from the 10 bits new codec.
Using Colorista, Magic Bullet and some other Premiere features that need rendering, actually I use ProspectHD on Premiere Pro 2 without the Cinform presets (custom desktop mode), checking the "Maximum bit depth" in the rendering panel of the project options (à la NeoHD, i would say).

I wish to know what benefits from ProspectHD i'm losing, apart from the realtime acceleration. Most of all I'm concerned about the cineform pipeline and the 32bit internal processing (are they related?), because i'm really not involved in the realtime option. I'm a plain firewire HDV user, actually going from HDV to DVD (and planning to blueray at the end of the year).

Actually i use an Nvidia 7800 GTX, fast but with some bugs in the YUV-RGB interface (occasionally green frames, color shift between static and motion previews in the monitor window and so on); the benefits in using the Redgiant plugins are too huge -for me- to give them up only for the realtime option. I will check for an ATI card when MB3 will be out late this summer, but for now i'd prefer goin' my way.

I'd also suggest that a 1440x1080 preset in the Cineform Premiere presets would be appreciated to all the newcomers from Aspect.

Thanks in advance.
Paolo Brambilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Major Player

This has only a little to do with Paola's post, but why the Prospect 2K PPro presets do not include 25p at all? (In my understanding the SI-2K will have 2K 25p format, or how)
Lauri Kettunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Presets take 30 seconds to make, so don't not need to include every combination. Select the 1920x1080p25 preset and change the resolution, or pick the 2k mode and change the frame rate, then you can even save a custom preset.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase